Trouble's A Foot

Jade plopped a piece of turkey in her mouth and smiled at her family. It was nice to see the whole family sitting together without any worries, even though there were some things that needed to be asked, but that didn't really matter. She was sitting beside Zach, across from her were Sarah and Jacob and on the opposite ends of the table were Grams and Pops.

"This turkey is divine!" Sarah said, after taking a bite.

"Zach helped in preparing it, so he should get some of the credit," Jade informed her mother. She caught Zach's smiled and looked over at Jacob. "How does it feel to have a son who can cook?"

"Proud, to know my boy can be taught!" Jacob laughed. "I'm even more impressed that he found a woman."

Zach smiled brightly, glancing at Jade. "Well she's quite a woman to hold onto me...or for me to hold onto her."

"What's he talking about?" Kimberly asked. She glanced quickly across the table at Henry, as he too was wondering the same.

"Oh, just his new female acquaintance," Sarah informed her. "He hasn't told us much about her, but she sounds wonderful."

"She is!" Zach said excitedly.

"But, is he having sex with this woman?" Kimberly asked.

"Grams!" Jade shouted, unaware that she was now blushing.

"A fine young man as himself should be. Why if I was his age I would be getting under the young hot mama's underwear by now," Henry chuckled raspy.

"Pops!" Jade shouted. "I very much doubt that Jade or he would be up to anything like that."

"Jade?" Henry and Kimberly questioned in unity.

Sarah sighed. "Yes, the young ladies name is Jade. Her last names Hickery, she's 19 and in the same college as our Jade there."

"What a coincidence," Kimberly said, looking at her granddaughter. "But, how would you know if they we're having sex or not?" she asked Jade.

"Be...because she's not the type to be with a guy for a short while and jump into bed with him. Dammit, she has self control." Jade gave the table a self-satisfying grin, as if she just won something, grabbing for some bread.

"How do you know she has self control?" Zach asked, speaking to Jade.

"She's...she's...almost like me..."

"And you have self control?" Zach chuckled amusingly. He wiped his mouth with his napkin calmly and turned his chair around so he could face Jade.

Jade looked at him nervously. "Yes, I do." She gasped loudly when Zach reached across her small frame, sliding her chair so now she was looking directly at him. She looked up into his eyes intently and couldn't help but stare into them. He was going to say something and embarrass her wasn't he? Just the way he was looking at her gave her enough reassurance of that. She was about to open her mouth to utter something...even though she had no idea what, until Zach's lips brushed hers. What the hell was he doing? She didn't have much time to think when he kissed her gently...and she couldn't stop from kissing him back.

"Was that self control?" Zach asked, after the kiss. "Because...if you consider you kissing me back self control, let me have some more of that," he joked.

"Fuck...me!" Jade heard her mother say. She looked over at her mother hesitantly and looked down at her hands.

"Ma...it's not..."

"I told you that they were having sex in the pool!" Kimberly laughed.

Jade frantically faced her mother and sighed. What could she possibly say?