VIII. We Were Happy

LISA'S POV

Time flies so fast. It has been 2 months after Kai's accident and finally, he has woken up and he will be going home very soon. Jennie texted me right away about this good news.

She said the doctor is still checking him and doing some assessment. Of course, Joohyun and I will be paying them a visit.

"Good morning my sweetest pea!"
I tried to wake Irene up so that we can have our breakfast together.

"Honey, please stop bouncing. I feel so dizzy." Joohyun complained.

"Get up, we need to hurry Kai is awake. Jennie just texted me."

Joohyun blinked her eyes twice. "Really? Wow, that's good news." She stretched like a cat and hopped out from the bed. "What's for breakfast?"

"Bacon and egg with toasted bread."

"Oh let's go right now." She excitedly pulled me from the bed the moment she got up.

"Honey, Seulgi told me she will go with us so she could visit Jennie as well. I hope this time she will really make it. Jennie has not seen her for decades."

"Is Wendy coming?" Joohyun asked me.

"I don't think so. I haven't heard from our friends."

"I will just text them. We need to meet them and get back on track. We haven't hung out with them these past 2 months."She suggested.

"Yeah, I know. I am really sorry. I was busy dropping by at the hospital to check Jennie and the kids as well. Don't worry we will throw a party for them." I promised.

We got to the hospital a little late since Joohyun suggested bringing some desserts. When I was about to knock on the door I heard a man shouting inside the room. A voice is not familiar to me. It's probably Kai?

"Leave me alone! I don't need your pity!" the man shouted.

"Love, I am not pitying you. You are my husband I am here for you through whatever." Jennie's voice was breaking.

Joohyun and I looked at each other. We heard the sound of shattered glass. I decided to open the door, I could not stand it anymore. I heard Jennie's crying.

"Nini, what's going on?" I asked. I looked at Kai, he's really awake now and he looked so furious. I went straight to Jennie and help her to get up. She had a cut on her left leg.

"Oh, Lili. I just went out of balance. I fell." She was frightened and I knew she was lying. It seemed she was pushed so hard that she suddenly fell.

"I don't think so, Nini. You are not the clumsy type here." I pointed out.

Joohyun was stuck at the door. Processing the situation when Kai noticed her. Kai composed himself.

"Miss Bae, what are you doing here?", He seemed quizzical about why on earth Joohyun was in the doorway. They were never that close.

"I am with Lisa, Jennie's best friend. How are you doing Mr.Kim?" Joohyun asked formally.

"I don't know. I am invalid. I can't feel my legs, Miss Bae. Must be the car accident impact."

"Oh, but you are going to have your therapy, right?" Joohyun replied.

Kai looked at Jennie first before answering Joohyun. "Jen, can you leave us for a moment. Let me speak with Miss Bae."

"Sure," she nodded and went outside the room, Joohyun just stared at her worriedly. While I followed Jennie.

Outside the room. I don't know how to talk to Jennie, "Nini," I broke the silence between us. "I will get some first aid. Let's clean up your wound. Just stay here, okay?"