XL. Heroes Bleed & Fall

During the eulogy, the messages given by each family members were brief. They were unable to express themselves due to too much grief. Bambam did not participate in this because he's afraid he might just blurt out his plan since he has been really plotting a revenge. Jeongyeon and Jackson both died in line of duty so various of police agencies gathered, some high rank officers were also present. Bambam saw Irene together with Seulgi, Wendy, Yeri and Joy at the parking lot before entering the chapel, he also saw Jennie and Jisoo already in the crowd inside the chapel. Krystal is just in the corner alone. While Rosé and other NIS agents joined the KNP's area. He also saw Lisa's siblings getting inside the chapel awhile ago.

He came across with Rosé so he managed to smile a bit.  The agent smiled back and approached him. She fixed his mourning band on his badge. "There you go, Bam." She forced a smile.

"Thanks," he just said shortly and bowed. He gestured that he needed to  go back on his designated area.
He tried not to pay attention to the actual burial rite but let himself wander off the chapel so he won't remember why he's even there in the first place. He wanted to escape from reality.

He was personally picked by both families to be one of the pallbearers. He's kinda sulking as being placed in an honorary position leading the caskets. He wondered how long will it takes. He badly wanted to be away from the people. He felt like being suffocated and could not barely take it anymore. He's not ready to bid his dear best friends goodbye.

The casket watchers were already relieved by a new batch of officers. And the color guards are still on stand by mode. As the pallbearers started to move the caskets, the bag pipers then start playing the set of music that both of the fallen officers favourite songs. Everyone is heading to the cemetery.

As the burial rite proceeded, there are  two on standby caissons outside the chapel waiting for the honor guards to carefully load the caskets. Family members went out the chapel, others followed after the the immediate family.  It's kinda grand, he expected that the funeral home will provide hearses just like the other burials he attended before. He also observed that the firing party is readying themselves, any moment when the service is done. As per the Commission General instead of firing three volleys it would be substituted by 21-bell salute to avoid the mourning family members getting startled during the burial process.

The pastor said the final prayers for the the decease policemen. And let the family members gathered to bid their final byes. The caskets are being move, so both Jeongyeon and Jackson will be put to rest and will join their other fallen brothers and sisters in heaven. Some started to weep specially the family members.

Then the radio background could be heard in the entire area. They are airing the last radio call as the caskets are slowly being lowered down 6ft under the ground.

Tuuut tuuut, " ID 00116, Sergeant Wang Jackson from Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency negative response.

Sergeant Wang Jackson ID 00116.
This is the final call for ID 00116, Sergeant Wang Jackson in the watch Decemeber 13, 2019,  Sergeant Wang Jackson is out of service after 4 years of heading the Special Operations Unit and as the Team Bomb Specialist for 2 years. Those were 6 meaningful years he spent with the agency."
Tuuut tuuut tuuut...

"Partrol ID 84652, Officer Yoo Jeongyeon from Gangnam District negative response.

Officer Yoo Jeongyeon ID 84562.
This is the final call for ID 84562, Officer Yoo Jeongyeon in the watch Decemeber 13, 2019,  Officer Yoo Jeongyeon is out of service after 4 years of dedicated police service.
Her passion and loyalty for her work was indeed remarkable.  Tuuut tuuut tuuut....