XLVI. The Stars Are Aligned

"Chance, dad wanted me to attend the seminar with him. That will be next week so Nurse Wesley will be in charge for the day. Please don't be hard on him, okay?" We were now at the Grand Central Terminal. She asked me to take her out at least twice a week, she wanted to try to walk around with her blind stick but it's too risky so I made sure I can watch over her.

"The train is about to come." She said.

"How did you know that?" I looked to the empty railway.

"Didn't you hear the announcer?" She sarcastically asked.

"Hey, you are starting to get Miss Grumpy again. I think I should get you a pet dog so you can stroll around without me."

"If you think that it will help me then I am okay with it." She casually said like she's really okay without me around.

"Do you remember liking a dog or do you owned one?" I asked.

"I don't remember being an animal lover. I am still clueless, that's why I wanted to wander around. My memory might return if I worn out myself."

The announcer called the passengers' attention to move away to the yellow line. We waited for the train so we could get in. For some reason she didn't move a bit.

"Chance? What's wrong? You look bothered."

"Did you hear a woman's voice? She sounded familiar. I heard that voice before."

"Probably she is someone from the hospital. You hear different voices at the hospital. Besides there are too many women around here, including us."

"Nope, I never heard that voice at the hospital but she kinda sounds very familiar. She's korean, I can confirm that 'cos I heard her asked someone for a direction."

"Wow, Chance, your hearing is quite amazing. Let me take a look who are you referring with" I only see a woman's back, she bowed to the station staff. Judging her manners, she must be really a Korean but she's kinda far from us already and I was not able to see her face up close.

"Did you see her?"

"She's too far and she already left."

"Nevermind, I just got curious."

"Oh, Chance we missed the train, let's just wait for the next one." The train started to depart so we were left to wait for another one. Chance still looked so bothered with the woman's voice she mentioned earlier.

"By the way, the last time that you asked Nurse Wesley to watch over for me, hmmm he was just flexing the game he was playing. Is playing a video game really that entertaining?"

"That depends, why?"

"I want to play it too. I want to try it. He seemed to be enjoying the game too much. I kinda felt envy because I can't see things." She pouted unconsciously. She's too cute.

"Oh, poor, Chance. You're like a baby you know? I'll buy you all the gaming stuffs once you are able to see. I'll make sure you will get all the latest gadgets and you can flex it to Wesley. I winked forgetting she's blind.

"Wow, isn't that a bit too much? But I will be looking forward. You can never take it back. Promise should be honored."

A tall guy in black suite with a shade, approached us. "Miss Sharon, your grand father asked us to accompany you. The car is ready."

"Hey I told you, Chance and I are going to ride the train. Just follow us on the next station. "

"Understood, Miss Sharon. I do apologize for intruding. We will keep our distance."