XVI. Totally Srcewed Up

JENNIE'S POV

Lisa wanted to grab waffles before we have our proper breakfast. She left her car at the club so I offered her a ride.

I took the order for us, I know what she likes to eat, whenever she's stressed she indulged herself eating Norwegian waffle with extra strawberry fruit syrup and a cup of chocolate drink. She settled to the nearest table at the counter. She was tapping the table while humming. She tried to fight back her sleepiness.

Then uniformed men entered the cafe. I hurried to Lisa's side 'cos I got scared.

"Are you Miss Lalisa Manoban?" The first officer said.

"Yeah," she replied casually.

"We would like you to go with us  quietly, Miss Manoban. We don't want to draw any attention in here."

Lisa understood and gathered her purse and phone.

"Officer, what is this about?" I stopped Lisa from standing. "Do you have a warrant of arrest?" I inquired.

Then the first officer signalled the 2nd officer. He took a piece of paper from the 2nd officer and handed it to me.
They had a warrant of arrest, I looked at Lisa and she was just so calm.

"It's okay, Nini. I can go clean."

The 2nd officer took out a hand cuff. My eyes grew wider. "Is that really necessary, Sir?" I couldn't help but butt in.

He motioned the 2nd officer to stop.
"There's no need for that. Miss Manoban here will go with us and beside she is friends with our colleague. Officer Yoo might bite us, later." He explained.

"Can I go as well?" I asked Lisa's permission. "I'll talk to my lawyer, Lis. I'll get you out of this." I assured her.

"I don't like you to be around that place, Nini. But yes, I would take your offer. I really need a lawyer." She smiled and gave me a quick kiss on my forehead. I blushed instantly.
"I got this, okay? Just get me a lawyer, and finish the waffle for me, please. Thank you."

I watched them leave. I walked back and forth at the cafe, biting my nails. I was so nervous. I dialed over and over again but our family lawyer wasn't picking up. I needed to get Lisa out of the cell. Oh, I just couldn't stand the idea of her staying there for a minute or two. I was willing to bail her out whatever amount and whatever it takes.

I was pulling my hair out getting so frustrated. Why Atty. Lee wasn't picking up my calls yet? Finally the ring stopped...

"Hello, Jennie, how are you doing?"
he greeted."I am sorry, I was out for a jog."

"Atty. Lee, I'm good, thanks for asking but I have an urgent matter to discuss. My best friend needs help."

"Sure, anything for you, Jen. Just give me some details"

"Thank you, Atty. Lee. I'll send you the address of the police station."

"You are most welcome. I'll handle it from here. And by the way I have to discuss something about you as well. Probably over a coffee, tomorrow?"

"Sounds good Atty. Lee. See you then."

He's really reliable and the best lawyer I could get for Lisa. Good thing I still remembered the details on the warrant. I forwarded all the informations to Atty. Lee.

@Gangnam Police Station

JONGYEON'S POV

"They'd what?" I slammed my hands on the desk.