XVIII. Selfless Love

CURRENT TIME

@Jina's Birthday Party

"Happy Birthday, Jinaya!!!" Everyone greeted. She blew her cake and made her wish.

"What did you wish, baby?" Jennie asked her daughter.

"I wish Lisaya, marry me when I grow taller," she shyly said. Jennie and Lisa exchanged glances.

"But isn't Lisaya a bit old for you?" She asked the innocent kid.

"No, no, no," she cried , "Lisaya cannot be old. She will be still pretty."

"Hush, hush, my little princess," Lisa bent down so she could be levelled with Jina's height. "Don't cry, yes you will marry another Lisa in the future. But she'll be prettier than I. That's a promise." She made a sign of a cross just across her chest.

"But I want to marry you?" The kid was disappointed.

Party guests heard Jina sentiments and they found her cute while she was making faces to Lisa.

"Alrighty, what my little princess Jina wants, Jina gets." Lisa said like she really surrendered totally. There was no point of reasoning out with a 3 year old kid.

"Did you hear that, Mommy? Lisaya will marry me!!!" She jumped over and over again. Jennie rolled her eyes. She couldn't believe her own daughter's antics.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Lisa gave her birthday present to Jina. "My friend helped me choose this special gift."

Jina's eyes widen, "ohhhhh, wow!!!! Mommy it's a princess castle! Thank you, Lisaya!"

"Well, Jina, you should not call Auntie Lisa like that." Jennie corrected her daughter. She then glanced at Lisa who was as happy as the kid.

"I'm sorry, Mommy. Sorry, Lisaya."

"No, it's okay Jina. You can call me whatever you want." Lisa's eyes were pleading to Jennie to let the kid do what she wanted.

Lisa really got along with her children. Whenever they didn't see her they would ask her whereabouts. The kids did not miss their own Dad anymore. They grew distant from him.

When Lisa and Jennie were alone at the kitchen. They talked about what happened recently. She asked her to stay with them instead of staying in a hotel or with some friends. Well, she would be more comfortable if Lisa will be staying with Seulgi but the latter was not yet discharged from the hospital.

"Are you eating well? You look skinnier than the last time we saw each other?" Jennie was busy washing the dishes while Lisa was busy organizing the utensils.

"I just can't get enough of sleep recently. I am feeling so homesick." She explained.

"Are you really homesick?" She read Lisa's face, "That's why I've been asking you to stay here so you'll be able to have a peace of mind, Lili. I can look after you and the kids."

"Do I look like a baby?"

"Hmmm, not really but I just want to take care of you. I told you to take extra good care of yourself but I don't see you doing even the simplest job, Lili." Jennie pouted.

She forced a smile, "I am so sorry I keep disappointing you, Nini. But I am working that out. I am really eating a lot these days." Lisa rubbed her tummy.

"I don't think you are getting homesick." Jennie said flatly.

"I am Nini, there's truly no place like home."

"You're not homesick, Lili. You miss Irene. And she's not your home." She snapped. She felt her blood boiled just the thought of Lisa's ex girlfriend.

"I'm so sorry, Nini. I don't know what I truly feel." Lisa apologized.