XLI. Christmas Blues

Christmas came, Irene was left alone at their apartment. Her family encouraged her to go home but she declined. She could not leave the house knowing Lisa might come home anytime. However Lisa's siblings dropped by earlier before heading home. They also invited her and same thing she declined politely. She waited for Christmas eve to come while drinking the entire bottle of whisky by herself. Now that she is sober she get up from the bed to check what's the noise coming from the living room. She noticed Lily playing under the Christmas tree. She smiled and lifted her and played with the ball of sunshine.

"Hey, Baby, do you miss your Meowmmy too?" She recalled how Lisa go all giddy whenever talking to Lily and how sweetly it sounded if Lisa called the kitten with such endearment. The cat just purred and gently bitten her finger as if seeking for more attention. "I do too, as in a lot. I don't even have the energy to cook since it will be only us, here."

The doorbell suddenly rang and she didn't expect any guests. Well they have annual get together with her friends but they did not talk about it since everyone is too busy but she still prayed that it would be Lisa coming home. She put down the kitten and hurried to the door. She excitedly open the door.

"Lalisa- " She blurted out expecting her girlfriend had finally come home. As she opened the door, it was Krystal with furrowed eyebrows in front of her. The other girl must be also surprised because of her sudden calling out of Lisa's name.

"Merry Christmas, Irene." She smiled softly and raised a bottle of wine.

"What brings you here?" Irene asked.

"I don't felt like going home, all of my family members are in abroad so I guess it's not that bad to celebrate it with you."

Irene opened the door widely and gestured Krystal to get in since it's freezing cold outside.

"I don't know how to say that tonight is not really a merry one, but thanks for coming all the way here." She tried to smile. "But I did not prepare anything for tonight, we can go out and have our dinner in any restaurants you would prefer." She suggested.

"No need for that Irene. I brought a lot of foods with me. Let me just get it from my car." She offered her a help but the guest refused.

Irene just busied herself preparing for
Lily's snacks when the doorbell rang once again. It must be Krystal unable to get inside the house. To her surprised, Yeri and Joy popped up in front of her door with huge smiles

"Merry Christmas, unnie!" They greeted at the same time. They exchanged kisses and hugs.

"Unnie take our gifts." Joy offered, "I'll just leave it here." She carefully put down their gifts under the Christmas tree.

Irene helped Yeri removing her coat, "Unnie, I miss you a lot. You must be lonely last night. I am sorry my mom didn't want me to go out during Christmas' eve."

"Yerimi, your parents are right, just obey them."

"Unnie, I miss you too" Joy back hugged her. "I hope you'll drop by in our hang out place or at the studio next year. Yeri and I decided to re-open on the 2nd week of January."

"Yah, unnie. We have many pending tasks there. Lisa oppa might scolds us if she returned and figured we are not taking care her business properly." Yeri added.

"Aish, these kids. Okay, I'll drop by next time." She promised. Then the door opened as Seulgi tried to push it with her body. Both of her hands are occupied with food containers.

"Hey, rascals mind helping me? You saw your unnie Krystal having hard time there but you just went straight here." But the two maknaes just ignored her. They really don't take Seulgi seriously but they are scared with Lisa. As the bear settled the food containers on the dining table she then faced Irene. "Merry Christmas, Irene unnie." She greeted her warmly and gave the older girl a hug and a quick kiss on both cheeks. "Sorry we were not able to go here earlier. Wendy ended her shift late and I just let her sleep all day long."