I Got A Question

So, if you read the title, I just got a question so pls answer.

Why do some guys think that calling people gay is an insult? Like yeah, I know it could be because of your religion, but this dude from my geometry class straight up said to me, "shut up you gay." Like WTF?!

First of all, I'm not gay. I'm straight (if you are gay or bi, good for you 😊)

Second of all, it is EXTREMELY RUDE to randomly just assume someone is gay. Don't even assume things like that. All I said was the guys name like it was offensive.

Like damn, what do you have against gay people? Did they do anything to you? And I FOR SURE know he's not against gays because of his religion.

Respect people for who they are, not matter if they are straight, bi, or gay (unless it's your religion). That is extremely rude.

Now, I actually plan on reporting that dude. Not just because of me, but because that dude is SO RUDE to other students in my class, calling them faggots or idiots. He's like the type of dude to act nice to you to get answers.

And that dude freaking acted so stupid because when I asked him, "even if I was gay, what you got against gay people?" (knowing that it isn't because of his religion). And that dude kept saying shut up to me. Like, dude you ain't cool 😂 And neither is your negative ass. But you know, I'm a nice person at school, so I just ignored him because someone like him doesn't deserve attention. He sucks at comebacks anyways.

But anyways, in all seriousness, why do guys (or girls) act like calling someone gay is an insult? That is honestly extremely rude and offensive towards gay people. I have a gay friend and he's pretty buff, and if I told him what that douche said to me, he would beat the shit out of him. Because he hurt me and is hurting others. And it has to stop.