1

Ji Xiao Ou lifted her cellphone, unaware just how many times she attempted to look for a signal everywhere, but the signal bars did not move in the slightest.

There were three angry characters on her forehead; no service.

She did not give up trying to make a phone call, but the phone still could not dial out.

Ji Xiao Ou pursed her lips, to keep herself calm, and put the phone back into her bag, reexamining the environment around her again.

The ancient trees reached high to the sky, their leaves were elegant and luxurious,

generously blocking the sunlight from overhead, and her surroundings were silent.

The trees here were weird, complicated, and grotesquely shaped, they were nothing like anything Ji Xiao Ou was familiar with, neither the pine cypress nor the common Chinese parasol tree or Black Locust. Looking back at the first sixteen years of her life, she had never seen these trees before.

All the trees here were bizarre.

Her school specially selected the remote and silent deep forest for her three-day two-night class trip to stimulate the students.

Unexpectedly, just as the school bus reached the top of a hill, the driver unknowingly caught sight of something, and with a shrill scream, the bus skid against the earth without warning and rushed straight for the overhanging cliff.

The chauffeur, fortunately, reacted in time and hastily slammed on the brakes, and the school bus was suspected at the edge of the cliff, saving everyone’s lives.

Ji Xiao Ou had bad luck and was seated next to a classmate with motion sickness, and the class leader had allowed them to open the window.

When the driver drifted around the bend, she did not have the time to stabilize her body and inertia pushed the student beside her towards her, and she was thrown out the window.

Ji Xiao Ou opened her eyes wide in surprise and subconsciously reached out, but her classmates turned their stunned faces away.

There was not enough time to be frightened, her body was pulled downward as if something dragged her forward.

When she woke again, it was in this weird place.

Ji Xiao Ou felt strange. She only had a small forehead injury where it had probably knocked against the cliff as she fell and was otherwise intact.

To fall from a place that high, it was unexpectedly nothing?

In addition, Ji Xiao Ou found another mystical matter.

The small backpack with her had a lot of other things besides the stuff she had left with.

For portability, Ji Xiao Ou only brought two bags of compressed biscuits, two small boxes of Dove chocolate, a few bottles of mineral water and three sets of clothes. Worried about her great aunt’s sudden arrival, she strategically packed two packets of sanitary napkins.

Now, however, she could easily pull out a flashlight, a lighter, a Swiss Army knife, and a medicine kit from her backpack.