65

Eric’s race was at the top of the foothills. Along with the reindeer, there were also antelope, giraffe and other herbivorous tribes.

Eric went out looking for food that he could grow.

The food the deer had been planting all these years was sweet potatoes. Except the harvest hadn’t been good and it was becoming difficult to maintain the survival of the entire race.

To fill their bellies, the tribe had to go into the nearby hills to find food.

However, the mountains were also full of fierce beasts and several deer had lost their lives in the mouth of a meat-eating species.

Eric was the young patriarch of the clan and he naturally had to worry about the clan finding suitable seeds for planting.

He didn’t expect to find Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu while he was out.

“Ōu, how are you here? How did you escape the leopards? Did you find your own race?” Eric brought Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu back to his race and entered the house, unable to wait to ask.

When Laurence had appeared, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu and the leopard cub had disappeared. Eric thought they had been eaten. It had been a long time since then.

Now he could see that she was still alive, and he was happier than anyone else.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu smiled lightly and evasively answered, “Yes, I found my race.”

“That’s great,” Eric lamented. As a social animal, he knew the importance of being with ones’ race. Before, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu had been alone with only a baby leopard at her side. There was absolutely no security on the Bornia continent for her.

. . .

Speaking of the leopard cub, Eric subconsciously glimpsed toward Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu, “Ōu, where’s that leopard child you used to raise?”

The smile on her face stiffened a little, “He also returned to his race.”

Eric seemed relieved. That was wonderful.

To Eric’s knowledge, herbivorous and carnivorous species were inherently incapable of coexistence. But those words, he did not saw in front of her. “So you came back this time to find it?”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu shook her head, “He is living well with his race. I would only disturb him if I went. . .”

She paused and said in self-deception, “I just wanted to come back and take a look.”

Eric wasn’t quite sure but he also didn’t ask too much. After learning that she had no place to stay for a while, he warmly invited her to stay in his own home.

When Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu entered the door, she met Eric’s spouse, so there was no need for self-consciousness and she agreed to stay.

It was not that Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu didn’t believe in Eric, but in the eyes of animals, a female living with a single male was the default meaning of “spouse.”

——This, she had learned from experience.
However, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was still embarrassed to stay without payment, so in return, she gave Eric many crop seeds.