19

“I. . . it’s mine.”

A soft, hesitant voice sounded out in the crowd.

It was quiet and surrounded by the beastmen’s panic, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s voice did not attract attention.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu stood next to the beastmen and when the leopard looked in her direction, they all recoiled as if in the face of the enemy.

Though Ryan’s small body had little threat, who could guarantee he would not lead other leopards to their village?

The Elk race had lived here for hundreds of years, content with their lot in life, and got along well with the neighboring races.

They did not want to attract the genocide of entire clans.

The elk clan’s patriarch was named George and was the eldest of the elks. He had a white beard and a rich voice.

When he faced a crisis, his even temper would become no good. His beard flew all over and his eyes opened wide.

Seeing that no one admitted to it, he asked again, “Who brought this leopard in? None of you know?”

The elk patriarch said while blowing at his beard, arranging the strongest youths of the clan to surround and protect them.

At the same time, he asked the people to find the origin of the leopard.

Yesterday, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu followed Eric back to his temporary residence in the courtyard and several beastmen had seen her.

There were not many beastmen in this village and there were not many to ask about it.

Even hiding it wouldn’t cover it for long.
Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu silently took a step forward, her head bowed in resignation, and with a tone of having lost and found her property, said, “I, I brought him in.”

The Elk patriarch and all the clansmen’s eyes clung to her.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu regretted severely. Why didn’t she put him into her space when she left?

She underestimated the leopard race’s ability to get into trouble, but also their sense of presence.

Why couldn’t he know his place and stay in the room?

Nevertheless, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu still tried to justify for “Táo Táo”, “He’s actually really good, and not the same as the others. . . he was abandoned by the leopards and will not lead them here to hurt you.” After a pause, she added to strengthen her word’s credibility, “I promise.”

She was unaware of the “covering up” tone her words had taken on.

The Elk beastmen stared at her suspiciously.
Perhaps it was because of her unknown origin, but Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s words did not convince them.

Yesterday, everyone knew that Eric brought back a female with a human face.

Every race had produced a few beastmen evolved very close to the humans, but they were extremely rare and gifted, different and imposing.

Like the wolf race’s Holden.

Rare, but not uncommon.