28

Her mind echoed with that familiar sentence——

“《The Book of Songs》, said the nobleman Táo Táo, was harmony and happiness. Additionally, Táo Táo means to speed up, isn’t Táo Táo quite a good name for you? Not all leopards run fast, the name suits you.”

. . .

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was lifeless for half the day, not feeling so well, then incredulously she said, her tone trembling a little, “You. . .”

She looked up and seriously considered the person in front of her.

Humanoid facial features, strong lines, and the bridge of the nose was a little longer than average. The lips were very thin and the skin slightly dark.

When looking at him, she she finally at his eyes. . . they were exactly the same as her Táo Táo.

But Táo Táo. . . was obviously a leopard cub!
Small body, short tail. So unlike this hulking body in front of her, blocking her entire sight.

She did not know whether it was the walking around just now, but her waist began to act up. She swallowed her saliva and asked:

“You, what are you talking about?”

Ryan did not answer her stupid question and looked at the hand she unconsciously wrapped around her middle. Bending down, one powerful arm crossed behind her legs and the other wound around her back. Without explanation, he carried her to bed.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s whole body soared into the air and she startled, reflexively clinging to his shoulders, “Hey. . .”

He hadn’t answered her question yet?

“When did you wake up?” Ryan asked directly.

From this angle, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was right in front of his face and her heart trembled. She hurried to shrink back but there were nowhere to go, “Just, just now. . .”

Ryan put her on the bed again and reached out to touch her forehead, as if he had done this a countless number of times.

. . . No fever.

Ryan’s expression relaxed a little.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was unconscious for ten days. Her body temperature had turned bad several times over those ten days, and early in the morning, it abruptly surged up in heat.

She had burned so hot, but hadn’t burned her brain.

Ryan’s hands hooked the edge of Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s clothes, ready to lift them up.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu grabbed his hand and stuttered, “What are you doing?”

Ryan: “Looking at the wound.”

“Answer my question first,” her black eyes stared at him, “Are you Táo Táo?”

“I am Ryan.” He said. Even now, he refused to acknowledge that stupid name of “Táo Táo”.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu: “. . .”

Then, not knowing what to think, her complextion changed.