48

. . .

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu stepped out of the house and sighed outside the door. She breathed out and pressed her hand to her chest.

Right then, she was a little shaken. . .

How could she be willing to stay in this strange place for a leopard?

Was she crazy?

Or. . . did she have a crush on Ryan?

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s face was pale and she bit her lip tightly. Her heart beat violently because of her terrible thoughts.

No, it was impossible.

She was a human, how could she be tempted by a leopard?

It must have been the recent development in her relationship with Ryan. She had no relatives or friends in this world and Ryan was the only beastman she could trust. She had subconsciously begun to rely entirely on him, and setting aside her vigilance. Because he was Táo Táo, she had poured some emotion into him. Even after he suddenly became “Ryan,” the memory of her life and death experiences shared with him could not be erased.

So, she mistook those feelings as her heartbeat?

Yes, yes, that must be it.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu constantly persuaded herself to try and rid her brain of those absurd ideas.

Without mentioning the crisis in the world, how could humans mate with animals? Simply, it wasn’t right to go against the natural order of things.

After reaching that conclusion, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu naturally didn’t dare get too close to Ryan. After thinking for a while, she decided to visit Suzanna.

Since Suzanna was bitten by that saber-toothed tiger, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu never went to see her.

This time, Scarlet was drying jerky in the yard. He saw her and paused in his actions, saying nothing.

After knowing that Scarlet had instructed Wilbur to take her to the backstreet, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu hadn’t known what to say. So she only asked, “Is Suzanna inside?”

Scarlet nodded.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was about to walk inside when she heard Scarlet say, “Were you the one that had the leader change the race?”

“What?” Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu heard him and was shocked. She turned around and said seriously, “Of course it wasn’t me.”

Scarlet’s face became slightly better, but his mouth was not helpful in the least. “If you don’t intent to stay in the race for long, then you better not string the chief along anymore. He can find a better spouse.”

Scarlet, the former elder, know about Winter going to the east to find Pat. And he also knew that Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu wanted to return to her race, otherwise she wouldn’t have been tricked by Wilbur.

Since Scarlet could not prevent Ryan from changing the race, he certainly wanted Ryan to find a mate that was pure and of the bloodline.

Otherwise, even with Ryan’s strong genes, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu could still give birth to a defective child.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu licked her lower lip and her black eyes stared at Scarlet, “Does he belong to the elders?”