51

It took Winter nearly 20 days to return.

In those twenty days, there were many big and small things happening that Winter had no idea about. He saw that there were suddenly a lot more females in the race. Most of the males going about went out in pairs, and he felt he had almost entered the wrong tribe. It wasn’t until he was standing in front of Ryan’s house that he was convinced that he wasn’t in the wrong place.

A male beastman passing by joked with Winter:

“Winter, if you had come back a few days later, my son could have gone out hunting!”

Winter: “???”

Winter knocked on the door and waited to hear Ryan’s voice from inside before pushing it open.

“Chief, I’m back.”

. . .

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was still behind the mountains.

Spring had come back to the earth again and the grass was tall, and the harsh cold of winter was turning into spring warmth.

The iceberg in the distance also chipped off bit by bit and taking off its snow-coat. The colorful spring shirt had replaced it in a visible sign of warmth’s arrival.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu stood between the mountains and the forest, and could feel the rapid rise of temperature all around her.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu strolled into the forest that morning and found many good things.

She put those things into her space but left some bamboo shoots in her basket, ready to take it back to make bamboo shoot soup.

However, when she thought of having to face Ryan at lunch, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s cheeks couldn’t help but get hot.

Although two days had passed since that incident, she felt embarrassed every time she thought about the distressing scenes of that day.

Afterward, Ryan had brought her the things she needed for her monthly. As if to verify the authenticity of his words, he unexpectedly wanted to help her put it on. It was the first time he had touched something like it and he wouldn’t give it to her. Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu flushed hotly and raised her arms to block her cheeks, but guided him on what to do in whispers.

Ryan first stuffed the cotton in the makeshift pad and laid it under her buttocks, then passed it from passed the end between her legs and folded it in front to tie the ropes on both ends to her. . .

Stop! Why was she thinking of this again?

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu shook her head twice and refused to let herself think about this matter.

On the way back, two male leopards were walking and she subconsciously avoided walking near them.

Still, the two males’ conversation carried over to her ears.

“What did Winter go to the east for? That place is so far away and it’s a sea of water. . .”

“I heard it was Chief’s idea.”

“What did the Chief mean by that? Why was the leader interested in that kind of place?”

“I don’t know. You can ask yourself. Didn’t Winter just get back? I saw him this morning.”