71

As night fell, the beastmen set up a bonfire in the forest.

The raging fire lit up the surrounding darkness and the dim shadows of the trees were pulled long, extending to the cave entrance.

. . .

In the cave.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was sitting gingerly in Ryan’s arms because she had been mercilessly tossed against the wall all afternoon. She was just let off a little while ago and she was somewhat embarrassed to be unable to distinguish between day and night.

Her lower abdomen moved a little and there was a warm liquid flowing down her leg.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s body trembled lightly and her tender fingers clutched at Ryan’s chest. Her voice was week with supplication, “Ryan, I’m hungry. . .”

She worried about staying there, whether Ryan would do that to her again, but her body couldn’t handle it again.

And. . . she was really hungry.

Ryan was satisfied enough and his nature was very agreeable. He bowed his head to lick the tears from her eyes and carried her out of the cave.

Dozens of beastmen sat in the woods in front of them and a bonfire was in the middle, the fire roasting several wild boars.

Seeing Ryan holding the female, several spontaneously shifted to the sides and gave their chief the center-most seat.

Ryan calmly sat down with Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu in his lap and took a sharp stone knife from Winter. Then he cut a piece of barbecue and held her waist, feeding it to her.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu didn’t open her mouth but stretched her arm to Ryan’s neck and buried her face in his shoulder.

“Not hungry?” Ryan inquired in a whisper.

“. . .” Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu did not expect him to bring her to a place with so many beastmen. In the cave during the day, she didn’t hold back her voice and had cried out. The soundproofing of the cave wasn’t good and there must have been many leopards that heard.

Where did she have the nerve to appear before them? Couldn’t he take her somewhere with less people?

Ryan seemed to have guessed her thoughts and freed one hand to caress the back of her head, appeasing her, “Rest assured, they didn’t hear.”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was sullen and asked in a voice that only the two of them could hear, “How do you know?”

Ryan whispered, “Whoever heard will have cut off his ears.”

So the beastmen who listened to the chief and his little female immediately sat upright.

Then, listening to their chief, Ryan slowly said, “If anyone dared to peep, they’ll pluck their eyeballs out.”

. . .

The rest of the beastman were quick to take their eyes back.

Everyone looked at their noses and put their attention on the barbecue.

Only the images in their mind could not be erased anymore. . .