7

Eric staggered back with alarm, “Leopard, leopard race?”

Because of dread, his antlers also trembled.

The weak are innately afraid of the strong, to say nothing of the many examples of leopards preying on deer every year. Even if the other was seemingly passive, the little leopard could not be underestimated.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu propped up the leopard’s hind legs, trying not to not touch his would as much as possible, and paused to awkwardly explain, “He probably won’t hurt anyone. . .”

Unfortunately, her hesitance was unable to even persuade herself.

On second thought, she had met the leopard three times. Twice she was guarded against him but nothing ever happened, and the third time he had even saved her.

He should not be dangerous, right?

Eric steadied his mind and summoned his courage to ask, “How can you be with it?”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu only just meet the leopard herself and saved him. But, she said it again with emphasis, trying to get Eric to change his opinion of the little leopard. “Two of the leopard race attacked me just now and he saved me.”

However, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu had thought too simply.

The predatory relationship between carnivores and herbivores had existed for thousands of years, how could it change overnight?

Eric examined the leopard cub then looked at Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu and swallowed hard, “Do you intend to take it with you on the road?”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu nodded and said frankly, “He was also separated from his race. I plan to help him find them.”

Seeing Eric’s panicked face, she thought for a moment and said considerately, “If you cannot accept it, we can split up.”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu thought Eric would nod, because the fear on his face was very real.

Unexpectedly, he shook his head and said while staring at the little leopard, “No, I want to go with you. . . if things get dangerous, I can protect you.”

It went without saying who “dangerous” referred to.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu could not refuse his good intentions so she went with him.

The time was not early, if they did not hurry, they might not even get past this mountain today.

Before Eric called out to her, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu had put the compass back into her bag.

Fortunately, she had already decided on a good direction and she could walk straight ahead.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu walked in front and Eric walked behind.

O

n the road, Eric paid close attention to the leopard at Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s chest. Whenever the cub moved, he would tense from antler to toe.

The leopard only raised his paw to scratch at his ears, and Eric recoiled several steps, his deer eyes full of caution.

The cub glanced at him in taciturn silence then lowered his paw and languidly yawned.