6

The full grown leopard had a muscular physic, and all four limbs were strong and especially pronounced.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was being crushed into the ground by the leopard called Rhode, and she was almost out of breath.

. . . He was too heavy!

Her chest tightened, and she subconsciously moved her arm but it was immediately caught by the other and fastened to the ground.

The beastman’s gaze became vicious as he stared imploringly at her, demanding, “Where did you hide Ryan?”

Unfortunately, the reindeer race had learned a di fferent form of language that was still close to the human race’s.

During the evolution process, the leopard race developed certain differences in their imitation of the human language.

In addition to the beastman’s very pressured tone, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu could only understand the word “Ryan”, and she quickly answered, “I don’t know him.”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was unable to make sense of what she was hearing, but Rhode listened to her language.

He remained motionless, his eyebrow wrinkling, evidently pondering about the validity of Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s dialect.

No matter what she said, she smelled of Ryan, therefore she must have seen Ryan.

Rhode pulled back on her wrist with force, resting his other hand on her chest. His expression was particularly cruel, “Tell the truth.”

Even if the beasts had evolved into human form, they retained their sharp claws, and those were pressed against Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s stomach. If he used even a little bit of strength, he could gut her.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu felt her heart go cold. She looked up towards Eric in the cornfield, opening her mouth to cry, “Help. . .”

She only spoke the word “help” before it was caught in her throat.

Yesterday, Eric had also evaded the leopard race when they had meet. Despite the large size of the reindeer, their innate differences in race made them reduced to prey before the leopards.

Was her asking Eric for help this time not tantamount to dragging him into danger?

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu ground her teeth. Even if she was killed, she was unwilling to do that.

Her finger inadvertently touched the small bag at her waist, and she stilled as she suddenly remembered it. She pulled it off her waist without hesitation to observe the beastmen’s reaction.

Rhodes stared at her with contempt, looking down at her condescendingly.

The other beastman stood a few paces away, without any intention to help or to stop what was going on.

She could only rescue herself.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu steeled herself and sucked in a deep breath. Holding the mint pouch tightly in her hand, she reached up and held it across Rhode’s nose——

Every time she coated her cat’s toys in catnip, it would become excited to the point of delirium. It would often hold it tight and rub and bite, rolling around. It was like a drug addiction.