Chapter 25 - The Omega's Mate

After

'Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore...

I've forgotten what I started fighting for...

And if I have to crawl upon the floor,

Come crashing through your door,

Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymooore...

Kit met Dan's eyes and they looked black in the moonlight - dark, and filled with more heat than amusement. 

He stretched out both hands through the window and Kit walked into his arms, still singing, chords thrumming out in the background.

"Wah!"

Dan took his hands and lifted him in through the open window as if he weighed nothing instead of at least ninety pounds and enveloping him in that firm, warm embrace once more. 

This time Kit hugged him back, burying his face against Dan's bare skin and inhaling his scent.

"Good luck!" Darren called over his shoulder, sauntering back towards his truck just as Dan slammed the window shut. 

Suddenly Kit found himself in Dan's bedroom - Dan's bedroom - with a wide comfy-looking bed right in front of him and Dan's arms hugging him from behind. Kit could feel himself getting hard just from the enticing smell filling up the room...

He spun around and put his palms against the taller man's chest, pushing. Dan's eyes went wide and he stumbled, sitting heavily on top of the rumpled, white cotton sheets. 

His hair was sleep-tousled, sticking out in every direction. Kit's mouth watered as his gaze slid over Dan's toned chest, following the slight trail of curly hair down to the waistband of his pyjama bottoms. 

"What are you doing here?" Dan asked, voice low and husky. He watched Kit's eyes, licking his lips. 

"Came to find you, Dan."

"A little bit drunk, and still injured?"

"Tipsy! And that has nothing to do with this. I want you, Dan..."

Kit climbed into his lap, straddling his thick thighs, thrilled when Dan did not immediately push him back. 

"You're a handful, aren't you?"

"You knew that when you fell in love with me."

Dan groaned, but his hands came up to grip Kit's hips, as if moving on their own accord. 

"Showing up in the middle of the night... I don't know whether to kiss you or shoot you."

"I vote the former."

"Does this mean you'll date me? Only me?"

"Yeah, it does."

"And be mine?"

"You'll be mine."

Dan chuckled. "That cheeky mouth of yours..."

"What about my cheeky mouth? What do you want to do with it? Punch it, kiss it, bite it, ...fill it?"

His rumbling laugh raised goosebumps on Kit's arms. 

"I want to hear it tease me forever."

And finally, finally - 

Dan kissed him. 

This was different that before - not searching and desperate. Sure, passionate, loving. Kit felt his body light up, grinding against Dan, lips sliding together tenderly, tongues tasting.