Chapter 6

"Have you ever heard of Depression?"

 The 4 other males quieted down.

 "I'm going to take that as a no... You see, Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, tendencies, feelings, and sense of well-being. A depressed mood is a normal temporary reaction to life events such as loss of a loved one, abuse, bullying, and others." The doctor explained .

Yami frowns, "What are the symptoms?"

 "Ah, the ever symptoms are that he would have difficulty with balance, he would feel extremely tired all the time, he would have trouble with tasks involving his hands, his brain would change its ways of thinking, pain in his muscles, bladder and bowel problems, and vision problems. Additional signs would be if he was wearing long sleeves, he probably is cooped up in hos room, right? Loss of appetite, and he would sometimes probably seem too over-joyed."

 Yamis frown deepened as he lit a cigarette and took a puff.

Asta spoke up, "Will he get better?"

 The doctor faces him, "Mentally, yes, but physically..."

 The mages listened worridly.

 "The scars will never go away..."

 Manga growled, "That dumbass.... Why would he do this to himself...?"

 "My niece had serious depression. She cut herself, and she explained that it was a great way to relieve all the mental pain." The doctor stood up, "But cutting isn't the only way. My niece said she burned her skin too. She ended up successfully killing herself by the hanging method."

 "...I'm so sorry..." Finral spoke, concern in his eyes.

The doctor smiled, "Thats all right... It was 10 years ago.. Anyways, I need to stitch his wounds shut and bandage them. You can choose to stay if you'd like.

Yami nods, "I'd like to hear more about this Depression."

 "As you wish." The doctor began stitching Lucks arms shut, "This poor kid... I wonder what he's went through to do all this... My niece, uh, was bullied a lot... It was terrible... She'd come home with many bruises and cuts... My sister found a note saying that she couldn't take anymore of the bullying, that she was gonna listen to the bullies and just kill herself, saying that nothing was working.... " The doctor sighed as he continued stitching.

Yami nods, "Hey, you guys go home and clean up the.... Mess... I'll stay here... Come back when you're done. Do it or I'll kill you."

"Y-Yes Captain Yami sir..." The younger 3 mages said.

They were soon home, and in Lucks bedroom. It stunk of the metallic smell of blood.

Asta swallowed the lump in his throat as he eyed the puddle of blood, and the blood that smeared the wall.

 "Asta... I'll clean the blood..." Finral offered, " You find all his blades.. "

 "R-Right..."

 "I'll be looking through his stuff for any extra blades and papers." Magna said, opening a drawer.

Astas eyes immediately landed on the open safe, with the multiple choice of blades in it.

Asta shivered as he grabbed one with blood stains. He disposed of it with a bag he had ready.

Finral had a mop, rag, and a bucket with hot soapy water. He didn't speak as he began cleaning it up.

Magna filed through the drawers, looking for any evidence of why Luck committed suicide. He eventually came across a small old notebook.

"Guys..."

Asta paused from his work, as well as Finral. They saw the notebook and walked over.

Magna opened it, and started reading aloud.

 "I hate myself. I hate myself so much its painful. I'm fat.. I'm ugly.. Unloved... I cut everyday to rid myself of the daily mental pain. I'm justs a useless burden... If I was dead, no one would shed a single tear for me because.......I'm... Just another person..." Magna faltered, "I need an escape from this pain... Help me... Please..."

 Manga flipped the page and kept reading. He kept reading until he came across a page that scared all three.

GetoutofmyheadgetoutofmyheadGetoUtOfmyHeAdGetOUTofmyHEaDGetoutofmyheadgeTOUTOFMYHEADGETOUTOFMYHEADGETOUTOFMYHEAD-

They came across a poem.

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Sugar is sweet

And so are you

But the roses have wiltered

And the violets are dead

The sugarbowls empty

And my wrists are stained red