Chapter 7

"What?"

 "You heard me. I need your help giving him a bath to wash the blood away, and to wash away the possible infection. All the other doctors are occupied."

 Yami was confused when the doctor asked this, but shook it off.

 "Well, yeah, of course I'll help. Why wouldn't I? Lead me to the washrooms!"

 The doctor unlocked the brakes on Lucks gurney, "Follow me."

 He gently maneuvered the bed through the door and down the hall, with Yami in tow.

Yami frowned as he saw the young Mages's tranquil expression.

Oh Luck... He thought, I had no idea you were going through this...

The healing mage led the captain of the Black Bulls further and further into the hospital, soon reached a room with a few bathtubs and various soaps.

 Yami gently removed Lucks blood-stained shirt, grimacing at the sight that met him.

White scars lined his stomach and arms, old and... Fresh... His ribs were showing and his stomach was caved in, his veins showed and his arms were like sticks. His skin was deathly pale, standing out tremendously from the blood.

He prepared himself for what his legs might look like, as he fumbled with the waistband, finally pulling them down. 

He sucked in his breath when he saw scars, cuts that had not healed yet... These were recent. His legs, much like his arms, were stick-like as well, the skin the same deathly pale as his upper body.

 "Underwear too?" Yami asked.

 "Yes. We're doing a full body bath."

 Yami removed those, as he had seen the child naked before, but had never noticed the extreme self-harm.

 "Bath is ready. Put him in." The doctor announced, turned the faucet off.

 Yami nodded and gently lifted him, frown deepening upon realizing how light he was, and put him in.

He rested the blondes head carefully onto the edge of the tub, "Okay, Mr... Lets do this.."

 Yami worked on the blondes hair while the doctor worked on his body, gently scrubbing the wounds.

 "So doc... What's the diagnosis?" Yami asked, grabbing a bottle of shampoo.

"Well its obvious he has severe depression... " The doctor started.

"Noted.."

"He also has severe anxiety as well. I noticed nail scratches on the back of his hand. And, well.. He lost a LOT of his blood and he has an eating disorder. Anorexia Nervosa, a disorder where the host starves themself. And finally, he's comatose, he probably wont wake for a while, and might need oxygen from the blood loss. "

Yami managed to keep himself from blowing half the hospital up, "I see..."

"I'm extremely sorry for you all having to go through this... It's a horrible thing.. To know someone was suffering like this..."

 "Yeah.. Its horrible to know that no one even noticed..." Yami said quietly .

No one said anything else as they continued on.

~~Skip~~

Once all the cleaning was done in Lucks room, and the others came back from the mission, the remaining Black Bulls waited for Captain Yamis return.

He eventually came home, not saying a word as he sat down on the couch next to Asta and Noelle.

They all waited quietly as they waited for him to speak, which was about 5 minutes.

"...Well... The little rascals alive..."

 Everyone exhaled in relief.

"Though... It'll seem like he's not..."

The Bulls looked at their Captain in question.

"...He's in a coma... And the doctor said he won't wake for a while..."

The mood became even fouler .

Noelle was sobbing quietly into the crook of her elbow. Asta had an expression of horror on his face.

Everyone looked even sadder.  Magna was unusually  quiet as he stared at his lap.

Vanessa spoke up, "Captain... Do you know why...?"

 He nods in confirmation as he lights a cigarette and takes a puff, "Kids got severe depression and anxiety. He also has Anorexia Nervosa. Poor kid..."

Vanessa remained silent after that, staring straight ahead with a blank expression.

"A-Are we at l-l-least allowed to v-visit hi m..?" Noelle ! managed to choke out, her face dripping tears.

"Well, duh.. But if they dont, I'm gonna kill the-" Magna stood up suddenly.

"M-Magna..?" Finral quietly whispered.

"...That little runt..."

Everyone remained quiet.

"...When he wakes up, we need to do our damned best to make him happy... I haven't seen that dumbass show me a real smile at all since I've known him... And I'm going to try my damned hardest to see it... I don't want him to think he has to do everything alone, and I want to be there because... Because..."

A single tear ran down his cheek.

"Dammit, I love him..."