Chapter 8

It's been 2 weeks since Luck tried to kill himself. It affected everyone.

Asta was currently in town, wanting to buy a present for the comatose male.

He then heard a very familiar voice as he walked out of a store with a bag.

"Asta..."

Asta turned and smiled when he saw who it was.

"Yuno!"

Yuno smiled down at Asta, "It's been a while..."

Asta sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah, it sure has."

Yuno noticed the bag in Astas hand, "What's that?"

Asta looked to where Yuno was pointing, "Oh this? It's for my squadmate. He's at the Capital Infirmary."

"What happened? Did he get injured in battle or something?"

Asta shook his head and gave a as smile, "No."

Yuno was confused. Until he heard Asta mutter these next words.

"He tried killing himself..."

Yunos amber eyes widened, "What?"

Astas smile fell, "Yeah, he cut a major artery in his wrists.. We almost didn't make it on time."

"When did this happen?" Yuno sputtered.

"Oh, uh, about 2 or so weeks ago.. I was gonna visit him in the hospital.. He's in a coma.."

"Oh my God.. I'm so sorry Asta..."

Asta sadly smiled again, "Yeah.. It's not your fault.. After all.. I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't walked in on him cutting..."

Yunos eyes widened further, "Wow... Would.. Would you like me to come with you..?"

Asta looked at him, "Really? You'd come to visit him?"

Yuno nods, "And I think maybe I'll get him a gift."

Asta was stunned, "You... You'd do this...?"

Yuno softly smiles, "Well if your sad aren't you supposed to be cheered up?"

Asta smiled, "I guess so..."

~~~S K I P~~~

"Follow me, I know where his room is." Asta said, waving at the lady at the desk.

Asta led his rival deeper into the infirmary, finally stopping at a door.

"Magna might be in here, so I'm gonna knock."

Asta knocked gently on the door.

There was no response.

Asta pushed the door open and both males were surprised to see Magna asleep on a chair next to the bed  which held the lightning mage.

Yuno felt his chest constrict when he saw the full view of the blonde.

Luck had a breathing mask on, and he had multiple IVs in his arms that weren't bandaged.

Yuno could already guess what was under those bandages...

"Here Yuno, pull up a chair, but try not to wake Magna." Asta gestured to the sleeping fire mage.

Yuno did so and sat next to Asta.

They sat in silence for about 5 minutes, until Asta finally spoke.

"Hey, Luck.. It's me, Asta, and I brought Yuno with me... He wanted to visit you with me... I know you can hear me, cuz the doctor said so... He said your.. wounds were starting to heal and.." Asta felt tears rise at his eyes as he gripped Luck's small slender hand, "Please don't die... I missed you the second I left the hospital that day.. everyone is sad, and we want you to wake up." Asta was crying at this point, "Please.. don't go... Magna needs you.. I need you.. Noelle needs you.. Hell, all the Black Bulls need you and miss you.. Please wake up.."

Yuno pulled the shorter into a hug as Asta cried his eyes out.

That speech made Yunos heart ache. He hardly knew this Black Bull kid, but he already was feeling sad.

He was.. He was a lightning mage, Yuno remembered, and liked to battle. He might have recalled the blonde asking him to fight to the death.

"Don't worry, Asta.." Yuno comforted, "He will wake up.."