Chapter 3: Pocky

Mary's POV

After a while of gambling, we went back to our classroom since we left our bags there.

Actually it was more of Yumeko gambling. I just sorta stood there and watched her do her thing.

I wasn't really in the mood to play anyways. I'm not going to risk losing my votes this way, I'd rather go down in a fight. A good one.

As soon as we reached the room, I went and immediately grabbed my bag, I still have to meet a certain silver haired girl after this.

Wonder what she's up to?

Probably some council stuff. I chuckle, actually what does she do in the council? All she does is stand at Kirari's side, same with Ms. Secretary.

I roll my eyes, God this school's really weird.

I shake away that thought and go back to reality. I sigh. "Alright, I'll be on my way now. See you, Yumeko." I say my goodbyes and walk towards the door, but just before I could step outside, Yumeko stops me.

"Mary-san, look what I have." She says while shaking a box of pocky.

"Pocky. What about it?" I raise my brows curious as to where this is going..though I might already have a slight clue...

"Yup! And since you didn't really gamble awhile ago, why not play this with me? Winner gets 20 votes, what do say?"

I scoff. The pocky challenge, seriously...and with Yumeko? I don't like where this is going

"W-what? No, there's no way I'm playing that game with you!" I cross my arms protest.

"Come on Mary-san, do it for me, please~" I stare at her, ugh! She's giving me those damn puppy eyes.

Don't give in

Don't give in

Don't give in

Don't you dare give in, Mary Saotome!

She continues staring and I groan out loud, with a stomp, I grab the box and open it.

"Fine, but just one!"

"Yay!!" She grabs one pocky from inside and bites the other end, guess she's waiting for me to bite onto the other side now.

Gosh this is so embarrassing.

Why did I agree to do this again? Right...it's Yumeko and she always somehow gets what she wants.

I eventually bit onto the other end, we go closer and closer to each other, Yumeko is not pulling away, of course. I'm not either cause there's no way I'm losing 20 votes over something this ridiculous!

 I'm not either cause there's no way I'm losing 20 votes over something this ridiculous!

.......

Just before Yumeko takes the final bite, I hear footsteps, like someone running.

Was someone spying on us!? The last thing I saw was a flash of white before Yumeko's lips were on mine.

She's.kissing.me!!

She's not pulling away too!

I need to go and make sure the person who saw us isn't going to snitch, I swear if the whole school finds out about what Yumeko did, I'll be too embarrassed to even live.

....

I eventually gather enough strength to push her off. "W-Why did you do that!?" She smiles at me and laughs.

"That's part of the game Mary-san~" she wipes her mouth.

"And it seems like we're tied, guess none of us loses our votes..." She pouts. There's seriously something wrong with this girl.

"So wanna go again?"

A tick forms on my forehead. "What! N-no, and why didn't you at least close the door!" Yumeko grins "It's more fun that way! Imagine us getting caught!" She laughs.

"How is that fun?!" I yell

"The thrill!!" She says with stars in her eyes. Ah yes, the thrill....of course.

"I'll be leaving now, Thank you very much." I say and walk away. "Alright, goodbye Mary-san! It was fun playing with you~" I roll my eyes, wish I could say the same.

As I walk away I think back to who saw us awhile ago. A flash of white...

Manyuda? No, why would he anyway! He'd be a pervert if he were to do something like that.

Kirari? No, she has no reason to...does she?

Ririka? It's a possibility I guess. I mean I did catch her following me around even when I clearly needed my privacy.

Someone seriously needs to talk to that girl about personal space!

I need to find out where she went. I need to know if it really was her and if so, I need to know why.

She better have a good explanation.

But I highly doubt that.