Chapter 7: Win or Lose

A/n:  Anyone read Kakegurui twin? If not you probably don't know about Tsuzura and she's mentioned here so...

[You can skip this if you already know]

Okay so this is basically Her:
(1)She's Mary's best friend [they were also childhood friends] during her 1st year at Hykkaou,(2) She was a housepet, (3)Mary made a promise to her saying that they'll be the winners of the school. (4) She calls Mary her prince [its kinda obvious that she likes Mary] (5) she's not at Hykkaou anymore for some reason.

Alright that's all you need to know!

Enjoy!!

Mary's POV 

I'm furious. I told myself I won't think about her anymore, but she's all up in my head now.

Is it the guilt and that's why this is happening? 

I got mad at Ririka even when she didn't do anything wrong. I just took out all my anger on her. She's probably really confused to my change of mood right now.

I mean it's understandable for her to be confused, she's done nothing wrong. She had no intention of hurting me whatsoever.

It's just...her words triggered me.

Make false promises, give them false hope. That's exactly what I did to...I sigh, not wanting to finish that thought.

I said something awful to Ririka didn't I?

Her words in that moment just reminded me of...her...I thought she'd be different from Kirari.

I stopped walking and lean against a wall. I slide down to the floor, hugging my knees to my chest as tears fall out of my eyes.

God, I'm a mess.

I'm weak, I show this tough exterior towards others but deep down, I'm weak. I'm not strong, I was never strong.

"Oh—"

I suddenly hear something, it sounded like a voice.

I look around and I see no one.

Was it my mind playing tricks on me? I place my head back in between my knees. I don't want to be bothered right now. I need time to think.

No one should be at school right now, it's late. They should all be home.

I can be alone.

"M-Mary?" I then hear a voice, it sounded so familiar. There's still someone at the school?

"Please look at me. I need to talk to you....Please Mary."

I don't want to, I don't care who it is.

"Just leave me alone, whoever you are."

The person sighs. "Mary, I don't know exactly  what happened, but I might have a slight idea why."

How could this person know? Not even Yumeko knows about it nor Suzui and they're my closest friends.

"It Tsuzura isn't it."

My eyes widen. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. How...just how does someone know about her?

I raise my head, eyes a bit blurry from my tears, but I could still see the figure standing in front of me. She had long majestic silver hair. Eyes as blue as an ocean and a face that I could never forget.

"Ririka? What are you doing here?" I say and rub my eyes.

"You're probably upset and mad at me. Just go away." But she doesn't leave, she instead slides down right next to me.

"Mary tell me, did my plan remind you of Tsuzura?"

"How do you know about her?" She looks away from me.

"I-I may have done a bit of research. I mean, I had to know who you were before becoming partners with you." She pauses.

"And one of the info I've acquired was about who you used to hang out with, Tsuzura Hanatemori."

I roll my eyes, she really is like a fucking stalker. "F-fine, I'll let you off the hook just this once. I understand you needed to know more about me." I sigh. "So are we done here? Can you leave me alone right now?"

She looks at me with guilty eyes. "Mary, stop it please. It's obvious you blame yourself for not saving her. It was my sister's fault she's gone, not you."

She sighs before continuing "I feel awful. Tsuzura's gone because of this school's system and here I am talking about how we should take advantage of it!" She shouts and it takes me aback. Never have I heard her raise her voice before.

More tears threaten to fall down my face.

"Mary, you couldn't save her alright? It's not your fault..."

I then feel a pair of arms around me. I can't handle it anymore! I sob onto her shoulder.

"False promises, false hope, I gave her that! I failed her, I was supposed to be her prince! How is it not my fault?"

"Mary, what you're doing right now...she would've been proud of you, I'm sure of it. You're fighting strong in this election. Win or lose, it doesn't matter. What does is why you fought. You fought...for her."

"I...I don't k-know...."

"Besides you couldn't have prevented her leaving the school. You tried everything you could. I don't see why you're blaming yourself."

I hug her tighter, I notice her cheeks go red, but she managed to stay calm.

After a few moments we separate.

"I-I'm sorry for earlier and...thanks..."

"It's the least I can do, you've helped me all the time, now is my turn right?"

"Guess it is."I smile.

"But really thank you for that. I really appreciate it."

"No problem, but I guess we're going to need a new plan for the election now don't we?" It's true, but I'm sure we'll manage, plus I don't really care if I lose anymore...

"It's fine, win or lose?" I ask and she smiles.

"It doesn't matter." She finishes.

I finally found a person who I can trust.

I feel like I've already won