Chapter 13: Defeat

A/n: Made a longer chap to make up to you guys! Sorry if there are some mistakes, I kind of lost track of this story since it's been too long. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this chap!

Mary's POV

Who would've thought that the person with the most votes in this competition would be an easy defeat. Yumemite was like a walk in a park for me. I roll my eyes, she doesn't really care about the president's seat anyway, so she doesn't deserve to win this. That brings up the question...

Who does deserve to win?

Am I worthy enough to do so?...or does someone else deserve the title...

"Mary?"

I snap out of my thoughts, I should really stop zoning out so much. "Are you okay? You seem to be lost in thought." I cringe at the robotic sound she lets out, curse that voice changer.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say in a rather unconvincing tone, it's really hard to lie about something that you damn well know it's not the truth.

I sigh, this whole election is just so stressful. It's giving me a headache, but I have to stay focused. I refuse to show them that I'm weak.

I feel a warm hand hover over mine. "You can tell me anything, you know that right?" I look up at her face, she's still wearing that stupid mask.

"I know." Oh how I wish I could just rip off that mask already. I want to know what she's feeling and I can't do that when I can't see her face.

"Yumeko's almost done with her match..." she pauses for awhile and I start to grow concern when she falters over her words.

"...And Miyo's your next opponent." I already have a feeling as to where this is going, but I need confirmation. I raise my brows as a signal for her to continue.

"Well, you know what happened before, I'm just worried that's all." Of course. I chuckle. It's just Ririka being...well Ririka. I hold her hand tightly, she gasps silently and even though I couldn't see her face, I knew that she was blushing heavily underneath that plastic on her face.

"No need to worry. If she does have poison on her. I'll make sure she won't lay a finger on me."

"I know that, you're always careful, so I trust you wouldn't let something like that happen...I just can't help it..." My face heats up slightly, it feels really good to have someone care for you.

"I wouldn't really blame you for feeling like that. I bumped into her yesterday and she really isn't the nicest person in the world isn't she?" Ririka nods.

"I— " suddenly the Intercom goes off.

"And the winner for round one of the semis is Yumeko Jabami-sama!" I sigh, well there's my cue. I'm going be up next now. I take a deep breath before standing.

"Wish me luck?"

"Always." I then let go of her hand, but she immediately grabs mine back. I give her a look of confusion.

"Uh...Ririka—"

"Please just...be careful." She cuts me off. Her voice was stern and serious. The way she said it gave me chills up my spine, her hands were shaking as well. Damn, She really is worried.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry about me, I'll make sure she won't try anything alright?" She stays quiet, her hand's still intertwined with mine. I give her a quick smile.

"Now quit moping and just cheer me on you idiot." I let go of her and walk to the stage. If I could, I would've kissed her like the last time, but I don't want to risk people seeing me. I've still got a reputation to hold after all.