Chapter 17: Twin Girls

A/n: Heyyyo I'm back! Thanks for those who stuck around :D

Also, I made a new book for one shots, go check it out if you want! I'll prolly update there more while working on this!

Hope you like this chap, we got Twin interactions :> *cough* this is mostly about Kirari rambling *cough*

"And now, your question; which one of us...is me?"

The twins seated across from each other both said simultaneously. The room was silent to the point where it might have been considered as deafening. Both of them didn't dare say another word.

One simply was seated with a playful smile plastered on her face. Her hands were folded neatly on the top of her lap, and her eyes had a glint of amusement to them. She scanned over her other half, as if analyzing her every movement and mannerism.

In the other hand, the girl across her sat with patience and poise, but the way her hands were clenched onto each other told a different story. Her eyes showed showed a hint of fear and determination. Unlike her twin, she looked more serious than playful.

Breaking the silence, Kirari lets out a laugh. She stands up and goes behind her twin, untangling her braids.

"No, this won't work." Ririka's hair goes back to its usual style. Her mouth gapes at the gesture due to surprise.

"We don't blend together enough."

"We don't? I couldn't tell."

"You'll feel it in time I think. Don't worry about it."
Kirari smiles. There was something to that smile of hers. It was as if she knew something has happened to her twin, but nevertheless she didn't mind the sudden change.

"By the way..." she pauses, shifting her gaze to Ririka whilst fixing the ribbons that she had removed from her sister's hair.

"Since then, have you made any progress with Mary Saotome?"

"P-progress? What do you mean?" She falters over her words.

"What does Mary Saotome think of you right now? I may not look like it, but I do care about you." She turns and faces Ririka.

"You're my beloved older sister after all."

Ririka stays silent for a moment, not really knowing how to describe the blonde.

"Mary is..." She lowers her head to think, her fists still clenched on her lap. Kirari makes her way towards the window whilst waiting for her to respond.

"...Always angry about something." Her voice was soft and her eyes stayed glued onto the floor. Kirari laughs at Ririka's answer.

"I see, and?"

"And she was much more vulgar and ill-mannered than I thought at first." As she continues to speak, her voice gradually grows more in volume, losing the stuttering she usually has.

"She's clumsy, she's violent and she flies into rages. That..." She gathers the strength to look up.

"...And she gives me strength." Clearly gaining Kirari's interest, she turns around and faces her with the raise of her brows, obviously amused by the words her sister was letting out.