Chapter 6: Fight

A/n: whoa...I updated...

Enjoy!

Ririka's POV

Love, no I can't. I'm not suppose to feel this way towards her, she's just a friend. A friend who I care deeply about.

A friend whom I never want to lose.

I want her to stay by my side at all times.

That's not love...is it..? But yet again.

What is love?

"Kyaa!" I bump into someone, this is so embarrassing! I stand up and bow my head towards them.

"I'm really sorry, please forgive me." I feel hands on my shoulders.

"Geez, raise your head."

Mary?

Mary! Oh god that's even more embarrassing.

"Alright, since your here. We can finally discuss your plan for this election. You better have a good idea."

"Of course, l-let's go." Mary walks by my side. I can't look at her without thinking of Kirari's words.

We then enter an empty room.

"Okay. This place should be good to stay in for now, so care to explain your plan?" Mary says while seating on top of a table, she gestures me to do the same.

Being the respectful student I am, I seat on the chair instead. Mary chooses to ignore my actions and instead shrugs her shoulders at me.

"Alright, so I think we s-should use housepets to our advantage." She nods her head signaling me to continue.

"Go on."

"In this school, housepets only give up their votes for money, similar to how Rin gathered his, we could do the same thing, but we won't actually give them the money, we could just keep it. That way we won't spend a single dime, but we still get what we want." I bite my lip, feeling nervous to be the only one in the room speaking.

"So basically, we give them false hope, false promises, you know?"

I finish and I smile to myself, I didn't even stutter when speaking. That's a first! I'm starting to think my plan is actually quite good now.

I probably shouldn't jinx anything though. Mary still hasn't approved of it after all.

"....."

Silence.

Was it a bad idea?

Did I actually jinx it?

Oh god.

I knew it! I shouldn't have never said anything, she must be so disappointed at me. I'm useless.

Why'd I even speak up?

Should I leave?

...

...

...

...

...

I'm panicking, it's been 5 minutes and Mary has not said a single word.

I muster up the courage and talk to her

"Mary?"

She hates me, was my idea really that bad?

"Mary?" No response

"Mary!" She finally snaps out of her daze.

"H-huh? Oh, sorry." I sigh.

"Was my idea really that bad?"

"No, it's good. I'm sure it'll work! In fact, I had that same thought before! It just...it reminded me of something."

Strange, did I just bring up a bad memory? It's about her isn't it?

"I'm sorry, I must've caused you to—"

"Stop apologizing. It's not your fault...if anything it's mine..." She says the last part in a low voice, but I still heard her.

"Why...how is it your fault? If you don't mind me asking of course." I'm curious to what she has to say. There seems to be something troubling her.

"L-look, I don't want to talk about it now, let's just discuss your plan and get it over with!" She says a little loudly.

Did I do something wrong?

"A-alright...s-sorry."

She sighs.

"So, your idea. It's basically lying."

"Is that what it is?" She says with a little venom in her voice.

"Y-Yeah."

She suddenly gives me a look of
disappointment. Why do I do everything wrong!

"Is something wrong? Please, I want to help if there is—"

She looks away and stands up loudly. "Look, don't act like you care! I just...ugh!" My eyes widen.

But I do care...

"You know what? I'm not in the mood to talk to you right now, I need some time to think first, I'll see you tomorrow." She rubs her head and waves me goodbye.

"...you're no different from Kirari after all..."
She says in a whisper as she leaves the room.

Those words shattered my heart to a million pieces

It hurts.