Chapter 12: Tease

Ririka's POV

The tournament started awhile ago. Yumeko just finished her match and Mary was up next. Me and Suzui were seated among the audience and Mary and Yumeko are right in front waiting.

I feel really nervous. Mary's opponents are going to be tough and even if I'm not in it, I feel really anxious for what's going to happen for todays matches.

"Ririka." I look in front of me to see Mary smiling. I can't help but smile as well, but no one could see it because of my mask.

I had to wear it today because they were live streaming the whole thing and I'm afraid, if people will see me then they might think that I'm the 'President' and they'd get all skeptical and make rumors to why I'm there, so I just wore the mask for today.

It's for the better, but I can tell Mary doesn't really approve of it. She never really liked my mask at the first place, she always said that I looked better without it. I blush at my own thoughts.

"Hello?" I hear my girlfriend's beautiful voice.
"Yeah?" she sighs. "You better stop spacing out, you might do that when it's my match—"

"I won't, I promise. I mean why would I not watch you? I shouldn't have not went if that's the case...I came here to cheer you on." She gives me a smile. "That's right, I'm so lucky to have someone like you."

"Same here."

"You guys should stop." I look to Mary's side.
"You're making me feel like a third wheel now." Yumeko suddenly butts in.

"Yeah.." I look to my side to see Suzui nodding in agreement. "If that's how you feel, why don't you get yourself somebody Yumeko!" Mary yells and Yumeko only grins.

"I'll borrow you then Mary-san." She blushes and I feel a pang in my chest, Jealousy...just like the old times...I grit my teeth.

"H-hey, She's mine." I grab Mary's arm and pull her towards me. "Y-Yeah..." Mary stutters. "I just wanna borrow her." I stare, confusingly at Yumeko. Is she serious?

"You can't just borrow her when she already belongs to someone else." I say, she chuckles. "Oh I know, but don't worry I'll return her!" I growl. "You can't." She smiles. "So I can have her? Thats..." she looks at me confusingly.

"Nope, You can't have her." I then get curious about something. "Why'd you even get us together when you want Mary Huh?"

"Oh I like the idea of you two together!" She smiles. "I just really like teasing her you know? You can't just steal my best fri—"

Mary lets out a cough before Yumeko could finish. "Um, so h-how about Suzui? Go with him."

"Eh, m-me! What!?"

Yumeko glances at him and to Mary back and forth.

I don't understand this girl, but as expected of her, the reason why she liked Mary was just to play with her. I'm sure she means no harm, I can trust her right? We're all friends here. She did say that she really likes me and Mary together, so that means she won't do anything to ruin my relationship with her.

"Suzui?" She asks. I chuckle to myself. I don't get why they aren't together. It's really obvious that he likes Yumeko. Should I help? I mean she did kind of helped me and Mary get together...but...I'm no matchmaker! Kirari is more of that than me.

If anything I'll probably just make things worse.

"...." Yumeko stays silent and she giggles. "I don't know..." Suzui frowns but he soon after smiles. "Dont worry about it, I don't like you that way..." Mary pulls my arm, wiggling her brows, gesturing at them.

Yumeko notices this "Mary-san, I said I don't know!" I giggle, and so does the blonde in my arms. "Maybe not you, but I think Suzui—" I hear a loud cough beside me.

"N-no, I said no, can we just change the topic?"

"Payback sure is sweet." Mary whispers to me and I nod. She looks so pretty smiling like that. I'm glad that I'll be able to see more of that more often now.

"Don't be so harsh, Yumeko did help us remember?" I say.

"Yeah but she teased me too many times than I could count, so I'm just returning the favor." She pouts and I pull away.

"I—" Mary gets cut off. "I heard that, you know?" Yumeko says. "I do not, I repeat do not tease you....well maybe not that much." She smiles.

"Yes you do."

"No I don't."

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Ok maybe...."

I feel like I'm in the middle of kids arguing right now.

"Mary Saotome is up next." A speaker says and Mary clears her throat. "If you'll excuse me, I'm off to winning now."

She looks at me and, slides my mask away to give me a peck on the cheek. I blush and before she leaves I pull her towards me, remove my mask and give her one too. I like doing this.

"...there goes that third wheel feeling again..."

I ignore her comment and put my mask back on. "I'll cheer you on." She nods and walks to the stage. I sit back down, to see Yumeko pouting about the third wheel thing again and Suzui with a flushed face.

My face was kinda flushed too.