Chapter 4: Nothing more, nothing less

Ririka's POV

I can't believe I just did that! Why did I do that? Seeing Mary with Yumeko just makes me feel something weird.

I can't understand this feeling and I hate it.

Kirari's words earlier suddenly come into my head. 

No I don't like Mary that way. She's just my friend, yeah...

Friend...

Why would I see her as something more than that?

Yeah, I have no reason to. That's just ridiculous. We are just together for this election.

Nothing more, nothing less! And that's it.

I suddenly hear footsteps approaching me, I freeze in place.

"Ririka Momobami....Vice President of Hykkaou Academy! There you are, I finally found you!" I turn around and blush, it's Mary.

Did she have to make that big of an introduction, it's just embarrassing, Thank God no ones here right now.

"Um...I—" She suddenly corners me onto a wall, similar to before. "Were you the one spying on us? Don't lie."

We're so close! I'm guessing Mary doesn't acknowledge what's happening right now because she seems to think nothing of this situation.

"N-no, I don't know what you—" She raises her hands and I close my eyes immediately. I feel her hand touch the back of the wall behind me.

"I'm sorry! Please don't hit me!"

"What—geez, what's with you and me hitting you! I'm not going to do it alright! I just want you tell me the truth, okay?" My lip quivers and I let out a sigh of relief.

It was so easy, I could practically just lean and kiss- wait No! What am I even thinking!

Come on... I said it myself, we're nothing more than friends.

Nothing more.

"Yes, it was me, I'm s-sorry, I didn't m-mean to interrupt your session with Jabami."

Mary then blushes. "S-session!? What! No, We
weren't doing that! Get your mind out of the gutter. She just forced me to do play that stupid game! Got it?"

She's lying, Yumeko didn't force her I saw her agree to it myself. She could've have easily said no. Why isn't she telling the truth?

Was it Pride?

Embarrassment?

I don't know.

"Yeah, anyways...I'm sorry for interrupting you. I didn't mean to just b-barge in and disturb you guys."

She's still got me cornered to the wall.

"I know how much Yumeko wanted to s-spend some time with y-you, so I chose to ran rather than to call you out."

She stares at me before sighing "...Just don't do it again...And learn to knock, geez!" She laughs.

"Will do." Her laugh is toxic, like poison. I give in and let out a small laugh as well.

Mary then finally backs away, freeing me from the corner.

"I didn't even realize I...whatever...sorry." She says turning red.

I was fine with it anyway....wait, what? No, shut up stupid brain!

"No, it's f-fine." I blush as well.

"Alright, I'm gonna head out now, lets just meet again tomorrow. This time Yumeko won't bother us. I'll make sure of it." She smiles at me before waving goodbye

Yumeko won't bother us...

I like the sound of that.