arc 1: episode three.

【oo3 : the desolate kingdom

【oo3 : the desolate kingdom】

×

"Okay, I change my mind. This is no kingdom. This a ruin." Jongho said as he craned his neck to look more around the mysterious desert kingdom that they had just entered.

"Judging by how the kingdom was structured in a defensive manner, I really thought that as soon as we stepped inside it's walls, we would be attacked or something. But it's just total silence here." Mingi added in confusion as he pocketed the daggers he had prepared. "There's literally no one here."

"Let's not be comfortable enough. Pay attention to your surroundings everyone." Hongjoong said as he scanned the empty ruins in front of him.

Now that the men were inside this mysterious kingdom's defensive wall, things seemed to have gotten even more confusing. After passing it's ancient looking baffle gate, there were many various houses that were either crowded together or scattered randomly. They were all the same color and earthen like, with some of the houses decorated with motifs in clay brick. Some houses stood tall with towers beside them, and some were small and packed together.

Unlike what they had expected, the place was deserted. The earthen structures looked like they haven't been touched for a long time. Some looked badly damaged were in ruins, and there were some buildings that looked completely fine. A suffocating silence filled the air, as if time itself had stopped in this place.

As if one move could trigger a bad incident, a bad memory that every person who once lived here had tried to forget every single year.

"This must be the capital of Noinea." Yeosang said.

"Well, it clearly was once the capital of Noinea." San said, "Look around you, many buildings are damaged or in ruins. A clear sign of a disastrous battle and war."

"Did you know about this, captain?" Jongho asked their captain who was also busy looking around.

Hongjoong shook his head, "I honestly didn't know. As far as I was informned, Noinea was a thriving country despite its poor weather conditions."

"Okay, but shouldn't we search the place? There could someone else here, you know." Yunho asked as he touched the ground. Stones and clay. Unlike the desert that surrounded it with dry sands, the soil inside this village was different. Very different. The ground was clay and filled with stones, and although they were pretty much dry, it was much better than the barren sands that they have been walking on for the past two hours.

Hongjoong nodded in approval. "Everyone split up into twos. Search the village. Send up a flare if something happens."

"But we're an odd number right now." San said to their captain, suddenly missing the presence of their comrade, Wooyoung.