arc 2: episode fourteen.

【o26 : the two-faced janus

【o26 : the two-faced janus】

×

"I hope you do things according to my plan."

A familiar voice whispered beside him as golden-eyed Janus felt searing pain on his left arm, and he winced as the took a look on his wound. It was bleeding.

He managed to get a quick glimpse of a small blade being quickly hidden into a black chained coat before his eyesight blurred. And before he could speak, the lieutenant stepped in.

"Wait, nobody move." he heard him say.

"What did you do?"

"I'm sorry! It was an accident-"

The conversations later turned inaudible and incoherent to Janus. Voices seemed to mix with each other, and he could barely distinguish which belonged to whom. His head spinned, as if the world had suddenly turned into a wildly spinning globe. He tried to compose himself as he held his bleeding arm but he seemed to have a splitting headache.

The other guard named Minwoo soon arrived with a first aid kit after a few minutes and quickly treated his wound. He made Janus sit on a stool as he tried to bandage his bleeding arm.

But the pain on his wound wound had gotten worse, and it was at this moment that Janus blanked out.

Not pass out or faint-because Janus was still clearly awake-but he felt the world in front of him fade.

It somehow changed into a different scene. Suddenly he found himself facing a toddler Domi. He was still inside his cell on his father's dungeon underground, but domi was outside the metal bars and was talking to him intently.

He couldn't make out the words she spoke, but a sentence stuck in his mind.

"I'll definitely get you out of this hell hole someday."

Then the scene shifted. He was still in his cell, and a teen Domi was talking to him from outside his cell. As usual, he could barely make out the words she spouted. He stared at her as she ran her mouth in silence, as if she was telling an interesting story.

Soon Domi's serious expression faded as she gave a soft smile to Janus. Then as if someone had turned up the volume, he heard the words she said next:

"You will soon get your freedom, brother."

Then the scene shifted once again, but he was still in his cell again. The place was dark and desolated. He could hear thunder rumbling from the surface above. Droplets of water trickled down from the moldy roof to his floor. A storm must be happening from above.

He heard distant steps approaching, followed by the clinking of keys.

An adult Domi appeared from the hallway, clothed in her usual combat uniform and cloak. She was in a hurry, beads of sweat trickling down her face. She was gasping as she hurriedly opened his cell.