arc 2: episode four.

【o16 : a missing friend and brother

【o16 : a missing friend and brother 】

×

Kina woke up to the sun's rays that shone over her room. With a yawn, she sat up and rubbed her eyes. She turned her head to look out through the window beside her.

The view of the desolated kingdom below greeted her, as it stood still in silence. The sun's rays shone over the earthen buildings, making its earthen colors vibrant and warm. A warm gale flew over the kingdom, creating small puffs of sand to create mini sandstorms on the ground as only the chirping of the tropical birds nearby could be heard.

Maybe I should explore the village again later with Sujin after breakfast. Kina thought.

"Oh, you're awake." Kina turned to see Aunt Junghee peeking through her door curtain with a smile, "Breakfast is ready, my dear."

"Okay,"

She stood up and made her bed, and then instead of stopping at the dining hall where Aunt Junghee already sat, she passed by it.

Aunt Junghee gave her a look of confusion. "Kina?"

"Let me just wake her up, Aunt Junghee."

Aunt Junghee realized what Kina had said, and heaved a sad sigh. "Kina, my dear—"

"Sujin!" Kina called out as she approached Sujin's room. "Sujin wake up—"

Kina pushed aside the curtains on Sujin's door, but instead of seeing her dear bestfriend sleeping soundly on her bed, she saw a completely empty room.

"Oh... right." Kina looked down as realization hit her.

"Sujin's not here anymore."

Kina mentally slapped herself for thinking that Sujin was still with them, and she lifelessly turned back to the dining room. She silently sat and stared at the food blankly.

"I forgot, dammit."

Aunt Junghee immediately noticed both the sadness and worry that was plastered on Kina's face, and reached out to hold her hand. "My dear, I know that you're not used to the absence of Sujin yet, but i'm sure you'll be fine. Plus, you don't have to worry about her, she'll absolutely do good at the sea."

Kina nodded her head, and put up a smile to Aunt Junghee and nodded. "Yeah, I know. She's a brave girl and can definitely defend herself. But its just that... I already miss her, Aunt Junghee."

"I never realized that the absence of Sujin could make my day feel so empty."

"She had just been gone for a day but, I already miss that carefree child too." Aunt Junghee agreed as she gently grasped Kina's before letting go.

Aunt Junghee studied Kina's expression as she ate in silence. Suddenly a memory struck her, and she a remembered a small Kina eating in front of her.