arc 2: episode two.

【o14 : might and mind

【o14 : might and mind】

×

"The person you'll be sparring is our newbie right here."

Sujin stood there, bewildered of the sudden event. But after a moment of thought, she grasped the hilt of the cutlass tightly, and took a stance.

"Well I guess there's no harm in trying."

Yunho grinned at Sujin, "Well said, mate."

"I'm warning you, I don't go easy even on ladies." Mingi said.

Sujin smirked, a glint of fire seen in her eyes. "Oh, don't be."

With a yell, Sujin charged to Mingi with her cutlass, in which he immediately blocked with his sword with a wide eye. Both of their weapons clashed into each other with a loud clang.

"Oh, charging first?" Mingi asked in amusement, his sword was still in contact with Sujin's cutlass. He smiled as he was fascinated with Sujin's choice of action. He didn't expect for the girl to suddenly charge and attack him first. He never perceived Sujin as someone who initiated things.

"Offense is the best defense." Sujin replied, breaking the contact and jumping back, giving space between them.

"But I gotta say, your strength is not bad for a lady." Mingi said, "And your swordsmanship is pretty good too."

"But I'm not as good as you." Sujin replied

Then she rushed towards Mingi again, not giving him a moment to think, but he quickly parried it-resulting Sujin to lose her equilibrium, then he elbowed her on her back. Sujin groaned in pain and fell on the floor with a thud.

Yunho who moved from the main deck to the quarter deck to watch from the side winced, "Ooh, that gotta hurt."

"Oh no, I'm sorry miss." Sujin could tell that Mingi's remark was full of sarcasm.

"It's okay, I didn't know you were so weak." Sujin retorted as she stood up, pulled back, and steadied herself.

Yunho winced again, but this time with a smile. "Ooh he got burned."

"You-"

It was Mingi this time who attacked, in which Sujin quickly side stepped to the right as Mingi was about to reach her, but Mingi was not a man that is easily fooled. With fast reflexes, he quickly changed his direction to slash his sword towards Sujin.

Fortunately, Sujin managed to block it from her side with her cutlass, but Mingi's strength overpowered her, so while she was cornered, she tipped her cutlass vertically along her shoulder, letting Mingi's sword slide down and hit the floor deck.

While Mingi was distracted with his sword that was stuck on the wooden floor of the deck, she slid down and with a low quick spin, sweeped Mingi's lower leg, causing him to lose his balance and fall backwards. He groaned as the impact caused pain on his buttocks.