arc 1: episode eight.

【oo8 : the other ship

【oo8 : the other ship】

×

Kina glanced at the boarding dock of the harbor. It was still connected to the ship and Kina could easily run up to its decks judging by how far she was from it. She only had one chance in this small plan of hers, and all she wanted was to be luck on her side for it to be successful.

Kina had a split second regret in her decision of coming here alone without the company of Sujin. Sujin was very much unlike her. Yes, they were both adventurous and brave, but when it comes to strategies and plans, Sujin had always excelled at this part. She was capable of doing unexpected things and her insticts were always terrifyingly accurate, like that one time in the past where Sujin had told them that she had a feeling that a big storm would happen the next day, but no one believed her for the sole fact that Noinea was an arid country and they haven't exprienced rain for months, let alone a big storm.

Of course, in the following day, a huge typhoon struck over Noinea, surprising the population greatly. Since the people were unprepared, a few lives were lost and some were injured, but the biggest impact that the typhoon had affected was the grave destruction of Noinea's argriculture. It took them a year to recover from the loss.

Sujin also had this fearless aura around her, and her thirst for freedom is always unmatched to everyone. Kina had realized this as they grew up—that Sujin always had a free soul unlike her—a princess, who always had to follow the rules and keep her head held high at all times no matter what happens.

Kina shook her head. There's no point in worrying, because she's alone right now. Kina wasn't afraid, but she was nervous that her plan would not work. It's not a grand as the kind of plan Sujin would come up with, but Kina was sure that it had a high chance of working.

Well, it all depends on the persons aboard that merchant ship.

The bandits gave her a sinister grin, and she gave them a smile back too—a meaningful smile—before giving out a shout:

"Look, the royal navy!"

All the bandits whipped their heads towards the direction where Kina had pointed, their faces pale with fear and worry. But after seeing no sign of a single navy officer, they all sighed with relief.

That is until the leader realized something. "Wait, we aren't even pirates so why should we be scared of the navy?"

His members furrowed their eyebrows in confusion, widened their eyes in realization that they had just been tricked, then they all turned back to see the disappearing figure of the former princess into the merchant ship on the harbor.

"That cunning little princess—" The leader's eyes fired up in fury. "Follow her, and don't let her get away!"

The bandits nodded after their leader and hastily ran towards the merchant ship where Kina had just entered.