arc 1: episode seven.

【oo7 : the land thieves

【oo7 : the land thieves】

×

Kina certainly didn't expect to be chased by a mob of bandits in the harbor.

While Sujin and the seven pirates trudged through the sea of sand, on the other side of the desert, on the bustling seaside city of Noinea called Sesid, a hooded rider had just arrived on a horse. She came from a long way, all the way from the middle of the desert, and after a long time, she was back again in the seaside city, but this time she was alone.

"Ah, I should've brought Sujin with me." Kina mumbled as she got off from her horse and started to drag him to the nearest stable, regret washing over her face.

She looked around the city, people were everywhere, filling the city with various noises and murmurs while minding their own business. There were various merchants settling by the road just to sell and trade their goods to the citizens. The seaside city was crowded with the people trying to buy as much consumable food for the upcoming drought. The place was both crowded and loud, an atmosphere Kina didn't like.

Kina sighed. This was the everyday scenario she experienced when she was young.

When her kingdom hasn't been destroyed yet.

She remembered back then when she was a child, when the country thrived at its best. Even though Noinea was dry and hot all year round, that didn't stop the country from prospering. With the influence of the royal family, the citizens did everything they can to farm and produce food. In no time, Noinea's economy flourished and they became a stable country despite its poor weather conditions. Noinea also became famous because of one thing: they produced huge amounts of sand, being an arid country and all.

Kina remembered when she was 10, her father would teach them how to make glass, and he would also teach her a family tradition—glass sculpting. It was a sacred tradition to the royal family, and only those with the royal blood knows how to do it.

She would always watch in awe as her twin brother sculpted glasses like they were made of clay. Glasses are fragile pieces, and sculpting them is a very hard task. One wrong touch and everything could fall apart. Kina could only manage to sculpt simple figures, but it was normal for a child her age.

Her brother however, was a real genius when it comes to glass sculpting.

He could make glass figures with immense detail that it almost looked real to human eyes except for the fact that it was transparent. That was the thing she admired the most with her twin brother, he was so good in it that it was as if he was born for glass sculpting.

But of course, even the most beautiful things can be lost, just like the royal glass sculptures...

...and her brother.