arc 2: episode fifteen.

【o27 : the fall of the man
with two faces

【o27 : the fall of the manwith two faces】

×

[mature content warning;
includes slight gore¿]

"Yeosang!?"

Everyone trained their eyes on the guard who had unmasked himself. Although it was an unfamiliar face to Domi and the others, Sujin and the four pirates immediately gasped at the familiar face of their ship doctor in front of them.

"Y-Yeosang? What the hell!?" Hongjoong exclaimed at his comrade. "What in the name of Blackbeard are you doing here? And why are you wearing that uniform?"

"I'm sorry, but I'll explain the details later, captain." Yeosang replied in his usual calm tone. He looked too composed compared to the others who are shaken up by this sudden disaster. "Shouldn't we first prioritize him?"

He pointed at the pale Janus.

Hongjoong glared at the doctor. Yeosang could feel Hongjoong's brown eyes pierce through him as he let out a scary aura. It was as if he was suddenly enveloped by darkness and it was suffocating him. "You better give a detailed explanation, Yeosang."

Yeosang gulped, "Yes captain."

"Do you guys know him?" General Domi asked as she narrowed her eyes at the doctor. "I'm not familiar with this face."

"Yeah, he's a member of my crew." Hongjoong replied.

"What? Then why—" Domi eyed the black uniform Yeosang wore.

"As I said earlier, i'll explain things later. For now, I need to tell you what happened to Janus." Yeosang ignored the general and Hongjoong's piercing eyes and walked through the curious crowd to approach the golden-eyed Janus.

"Golden-eyed Janus here was poisoned." He placed his hand on the pale Janus who stood blankly with a terrified look on his face. Janus didn't flinch at the sudden contact with Yeosang, nor did he even notice the doctor's presence beside him.

He just stood there, pale faced with grief and terror plastered on his face.

"Poisoned? By who?" San asked.

"No, the first thing to ask here is by what." Yeosang said.

"What?" San asked.

Yeosang smiled at the navigator's thirst for knowledge. "He was poisoned by using a certain plant's extract. I believe everyone here in this room have seen or touched it once, considering that it was scattered throughout the palace." he explained.

Sujin thought about it for a moment, and immediately a picture of a certain bell-shaped flower popped up in her mind. She forgot what that plant was called but as she scanned the room, her eyes fell upon the huge royal insignia behind the throne.