arc 1: episode six.

【oo6 : the castle's remains

【oo6 : the castle's remains】

×

Pirates.

Sujin has dreamt of meeting one ever since her childhood. With their glorious frigates sailing by the blue waters and their pirate flags waving proudly as the air swept them. With their mightly weapons and cool clothes as they stood on the deck of their frigate with those stern expressions.

But never she could have thought to meet them right inside of her doorstep. Not at the sea nor at the harbor, but inside of her own house inside the ruined kingdom she loves the most.

Standing in front of her were seven pirates, and as soon as she heard Hongjoong say it, she couldn't believe her eyes.

There are pirates in front of her.

She turned to see her Aunt with a grin of triumph.

"I know." She said as she let out a soft laugh.

Hongjoong was silent for a moment, dazed and confused from the unexpected response. He had expected a very different response. He had expected Aunt Junghee to be angry and asking them to leave her sight, because they blatantly lied to her about their identity, or maybe Aunt Junghee would widen her eyes in shock, and ask Sujin to leave and escape while she try to hold off these dangerous pirates, but all she did was give out a knowing smile at them. Not some angry wince of disgust because they were pirates-free men of the sea that's not bound by the law, but a gentle knowing smile-a smile a parent would give to her children.

"What do you mean?" Seonghwa asked as he took as step closer.

Aunt Junghee gave out a loud laugh this time, and she smiled in a friendly way.

"I was once an Admiral of the Navy, of course I would know a pirate if I saw one."

The seven pirates widened their eyes, with Hongjoong taking a step back in surprise. San nearly dropped the spyglass that he was holding as Mingi choked on his own saliva.

"A N-Navy Admiral!?"

Hongjoong eyed his members and saw that they were frightened. They stood frozen, with their faces pale and rigid. This was no ordinary Navy they were facing, but an Admiral. A freaking Admiral was right in front of them. No wonder San had an odd feeling when they entered the place earlier, they were walking to meet a Navy Admiral, an enemy to pirates that they should avoid at all costs.

A Navy Admiral is one of the highest ranks of being a Navy, and it was second to a Fleet Admiral, the highest Navy ranking. There are a total of five Navy Admirals and two Fleet Admirals, and each one of these Admirals could easily sink down one huge frigate alone with their own hands.

The seven pirates have never met one themselves, and now seeing a former one right in front of their eyes was too overwhelming for them. Now that the truth had been spoken, they could feel this distinct aura around the old lady. Aunt Junghee had an aura of great strength and valor around her, with an air of danger and justice lurking around the old lady. But at the same time, you could feel an air of welcoming warmth from her.