arc 2: episode thirteen

【o25 : the encounter

【o25 : the encounter】

×

The five royal guards patrolling the front entrance stopped in their tracks as they saw a group of people walking towards them. They readied their weapons as the sniper on the left tower carefully held his fire as he aimed his scope to check the intruders's faces.

Five males and a female.

They had peculiar clothes on—instead of the dark monochrome blue colors that most dolios residents have, they had warm colors of orange and brown, a clear sign that they weren't from here. One of the men had the hood of his cloak covering his face, and his hands seemed to be tied at the front.

The rest had their hands up, a gesture of surrender, and peaceful approach.

The sniper took away his grip from his gun and decided to assess the situation below first. The guards below walked up to the approaching bunch, their arms ready for any possible attacks.

The man leading in front, Hongjoong, spoke up.

"We're not here to cause any disturbance." He said, "We're pirates and we're here to make a deal. Bring us to your lord."

"Pirates?" A few guards muttered. "Why are pirates—"

A guard raised his brow, "What deal?"

Hongjoong reached out his hand, then pulled the cloaked man to the front. He removed his hood to let his face be seen by the guards.

"We brought the fugitive."

The guards widened their eyes, but then narrowed it to a suspicious glare.

"It seems like he's the fugitive." Another guard spoke up, as he scanned his face. "But he doesn't have mismatched eyes."

"Trust me, he's the guy you're looking for." San said.

The guard thought about it for a moment.

"Minwoo!"

He called out to a young guard that stood behind him.

"Y-Yes?" He squeaked.

"Go and look for General Domi." He ordered. "Quickly!"

"Yes, sir!" The young guard replied before dashing towards the castle.

×

The female general reached the front gates, and there she saw the group of people that proclaimed themselves as pirates, and the cloaked fugitive was with them.

"General—" A guard called out but he was ignored. She passed by him, her eyes trained on the cloaked man. His hood was back on his head and was covering his face again. She passed through Hongjoong without a single glance and reached to pull off his hood.