7. The mission begins

"Don't you think that the boy deserves to know how his father really died-"

You had all picked a weapon, and stood now at the end of the bridge, that officially led out of Corona. Your hands were kind of sweaty, and you could feel your heartbeat rising. The mission started very soon now. 

Varian noticed your concern, and even though he also was nervous as well, he squeezed your hand tight and gave you a bright smile. 

"Okay, that's about it." Xavier nodded and looked seriously at each and every one of you. "Now remember, whatever you do, stay together. If those moon-dogs appears, don't hesitate to kill it before it kills you. And most importantly - don't waste your time. If you don't come back before the rocks have reached Corona, it'll all be for nothing, and we will all be doomed."

"Yeah, no pressure," Varian mumbled under his breath, and you smiled. 

 "We all believe in you." Xavier finished and pointed to the many villagers behind him, who had come to support you. Including the Queen. King Frederic had, of course, better things to do than wishing his daughter a good journey, in this hard time.

Ariana and Rapunzel locked eyes for a few seconds. Then the Queen nodded, and you all turned around, walking into the forest. There was no turning back now. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

You had been walking for a few for an hour or so, further into the forest. There were still many hours until sunset, so that's something. 

Eugene and Andrew had front trop, and showed direction with the help of the map that Xavier gave them, and even though the boys didn't get along so well, and they would sometimes argue about whether we should go to left or right, we got forward fast. 

Cass and Rapunzel walked right in front of you and Varian. Rapunzel talked and talked to try and keep up the good mood, and Cass was slinging her sword at every plant that got in her way. 

And you and Varian was busy practicing with your weapons. It seemed like Varian really knew how to handle a bow, and so did you with your shurikens. The two of you had a competition going on, where one of you would throw a piece of bark up in the air, and then the other one should try to hit it with either an arrow or a shuriken. For the time being, you were equally as good. 

"Ready?" Varian spoke, throwing some bark up in the air. Speaking of the sun. 

With a quick movement, you took out a shuriken from your belt and threw it at the bark. When the objects hit the ground, Varian picked your shuriken up and gave it to you.

"Nice. You barely hit it though. Try and aim for the middle." Varian spoke, hitting your shoulder playfully. 

"Oh yeah? Well, why don't you show me how it's done?" You asked just as playfully and threw up another piece of bark up in the air. 

Varian waited a little to get his aim just right, so when he let go of his arrow, the bark had already begun falling down, due to gravity.

The arrow hit perfectly, and landed with the bark on a tree, just above Eugene's head. Varian gasped in horror, and you tried to maintain your laughter, while Eugene tried to maintain his anger.

"VARATOS! Did you shoot that arrow!?" Your brother said with a raised voice. Varian gulped and nodded slowly.

"Okay you two, that's enough! That game has gone too far, TOO FAR! And I swear, by the name of-" Eugene went on angrily while doing some very aggressive hand movements.