One place on Earth - Levi x Reader - part 6

A/N: This story is placed in a post-apocalyptic world.

~~~~~~~~~~

You sat on a covered hospital bed, taking deep breaths. Levi and Erwin were standing by the window on the other side of the room, not looking at you. You felt a cold round piece of metal leaving your back.

"Alright, I'm done here." a woman said next to you, wrapping the stethoscope back into the drawer next to her.

You rolled back down the white t-shirt you were now wearing. You had lost your back bag, so you didn't have any spare clothes to change and you couldn't walk around the place in a sleeveless top. The bite mark would surely scare people, so it needed to be covered. The nurse had picked up a shirt for you from a small closet on the hallway near the examination room. The shirt was slightly big for your figure. The sleeves went down near your elbow, which was just long enough to cover the bruised marks near the shoulder.

Levi and Erwin turned around, now that examination was over.

"How does it look?" Erwin asked the nurse.

The woman leaned against the counter behind her and pushed her black hair behind her ear. "Well, her feet needs to be kept clean and in dry bandages, but I'm sure the cuts will heal in no time. And what comes to the other injury on her arm... as far as I can see, the wounds are healing well and I don't see any signs of infection. Her blood pressure, pulse, reflexes, hearing, eyesight, basically everything is normal. She's completely healthy. I don't see any kind of signs of the virus doing any damage on her." she spoke while writing some notes.

"It would be very interesting to know what's going on in her veins right now, but we can't use the necessary equipment to analyze her blood or anything else, since the generators are out of power... and even if they were working, there is no one capable enough to do the proper examinations. There is only a few doctors here, and our skills are limited with this particular area. We don't have anyone capable here to perform the specialized diagnostics to properly analyze her condition." she sighed and placed the notebook down. "Well, technically we do..."

"Hanji." Erwin was thinking out loud.

The nurse nodded. "I raised my concern when you agreed to take her with you." she then said to Levi, a hint of blame added to her words.

"Don't put this on me." Levi spoke up. "I did tell her it was a bad idea for her to come, but she didn't listen. You all know how she's like." Levi turned to look out the window, pressing the bridge of his nose and muttering to himself.

You lowered your head. "We should've never left in separate ways back then." you said quietly, wondering where Hanji might be right now, or if she was even alive anymore.

"Goddammit, shitty glasses." Levi complained about the situation.

"We'll figure out something to resolve this." Erwin remained hopeful. "But for now, let's focus on keeping things stable here."

"Indeed." the nurse agreed. "So, (Name). From now on, you'll be seeing me every day for check ups, just in case anything changes in your condition." she said and you nodded in response. She gave you a quick smile and stood up. "Is there anything else you need?" she asked Erwin as she was ready to take her leave.

"This is enough, thank you... but, don't tell anyone about her arm yet. I'll inform the people when the time is right." Erwin said.

"Of course." the nurse nodded and left the room.

You jumped off the bed, looking at the two men in front of you. Both of them seemed to be deeply in their own thoughts.

"So, what now?" you asked.

Levi turned around from the window and looked at you. "Well, I don't know about you, but i'm hungry. Let's go eat something." he said, managing to change the subject.

You nodded, feeling the hunger burning your stomach. That being settled, the three of you headed out of the room.

You walked down a hallway, entering the hospital lobby, when a staircase appeared to your right and Erwin stopped on his tracks.

"Levi, I need to speak with you about what happened in the city. Get settled and come see me when you have time."

"Sure." Levi nodded.

"Alright. Enjoy our meal. I'll see you later." Erwin then turned to walk up the stairs, while Levi and you continued your way to the canteen that situated close by in your left.