One place on Earth - Levi x Reader - part 10

A/N: This story takes place in a post-apocalyptic world.
This chapter contains bad language and violent acts.

---------

They walked alongside the quiet and tired people, keeping their heads down, trying to blend in with the others. Two guards patrolled on the street nearby and Levi pulled his hood down to cover his face more. The group was fitting perfectly to the surroundings with their dirty clothes and sad looks in their faces, as they still had the picture of their comrade being ripped apart fresh in their mind. The walked slowly, imitating the behavior of the other people in the zone, not wanting to get any attention to them.

Levi took a turn into a side alley, the rest of them following.

Levi lead the group to a certain building, where they could hide their intentions from curious eyes. After sparing a moment to listen if the building was empty, they entered the hallway, continuing their way to a staircase. They reached the fourth floor. Levi walked over to a familiar door, which happened to be slightly open. He carefully pushed it open, entering the apartment, moving onto the empty living room.

He noticed the place looked a lot messier than before. The furniture were moved from their original places and the floor was filled with broken plates and other things pulled out of the cabinets and drawers. It was clear to Levi that whoever has been here, was looking for something.

"What is this place?" Jean asked as the others entered the apartment.

Levi turned around, kicking some of the dirt away from his feet. "Hanji used to live here." he said quietly, looking around the place. "I didn't expect her to be staying here anymore, but I had to make sure."

Levi's eyes stopped at a couch that was pushed against a wall. He recalled a mental image of you and Hanji sitting there. The crumbs of the bread he had given you back then, were still sitting on the cushions. He took a deep breath through his nose.

"Let's rest here for a while."

-------- 1 hour later ---------

Levi, Annie, Reiner and Mikasa were strolling back the building where the rest of the team were still inside. They had been scanning around the area, trying to see any particular signs of the purposes of the different buildings where they saw soldiers walking in and out. For their displeasure, nothing helpful came out of their observation. They returned to the back alley, walking towards the backdoor of the building, when two soldiers appeared from the other end of the alley.

"Shit." Reiner hissed.

"No, this is perfect, actually." Levi whispered as they approached the two soldiers. He looked over his shoulder. "Mikasa, Annie, take the girl. Reiner, help me with the other."

"What are you planning?" Reiner questioned as he kept his eye on the tall man Levi had set as their target.

"We'll bring them in for a little talk."

Once they finally came face to face with the soldiers, the female one gave them a glare. "Get off our way." she hissed in disgust.

They moved aside from the soldiers way, and as soon as their backs were revealed, Mikasa quickly pulled his arm over the woman's neck and Annie rushed to take her gun before she had time to react. The male soldier turned around, trying to grab his weapon, but Reiner was faster. He punched the man in his cheek, making him stagger towards the wall next to him. Levi had his arm ready at his gun holster and he pulled his pistol, pointing it at the man who was now holding his jaw.

"WHAT THE HEL--" the woman tried to scream, but she quickly went silent, when Annie took her knife and pressed the blade against her cheek.

"You have no idea what you've just done..." the male soldier spoke from the ground. "You're in big trouble."

"I think different." Levi said, giving a nod to Reiner, who punched the man once more.

He dropped on the ground unconscious.

---------------------

The black haired man blinked his eyes, returning back into this world. He noticed he was sitting on a chair with his hands tied behind his back. Once he lifted his head, he saw his colleague being bound up into a chair in front of him. Her mouth was gagged with a piece of cloth, and she seemed to be unconscious.

"Waking up, are we?" Levi said, staring at the man from the couch.

The man had a nasty bruise on his forehead, and it ached uncomfortably as he moved his head. He looked at all the people around the room, who were all staring at him.

"What have you done to her?" he was concerned about his friend.

"She got noisy." Mikasa spoke. "We had to knock her out."

"You do realize how much in a trouble you are?" the man said, darting his gaze from one person to another. He kept looking at their faces, frowning his brows. "Are you new in this zone? I don't remember seeing any of you."

"We're not here to stay." Levi stated, making the soldier focus on him. "We're here to find someone. The name is Hanji Zöe. Brown hair, classes and a big mouth, ringing any bells?"

He stared at Levi for a while, before his sight shifted from side to side as he was trying to think. "I... I think I've seen her." he admitted.

"Is she alive?" Eren asked, taking one step closer to the soldier.

"She's one of the Freedom Seekers, what do you have to do with her?" the soldier dodged Eren's question.

"We came to get her back to her own people." Levi said, and the soldier looked back to him.

"You're one them too." he reasoned quickly.

"Answer the question." Levi glared the man.

"Well, I guess she's alive." he said and the others started moving restlessly.

"What the hell do you mean by that?" Reiner spoke up, taking few steps closer to the soldier, who moved his head to the side in a defensive matter.

"I haven't seen her since yesterday. She was being interrogated, yet again, but that's all I know." he continued quickly, not wanting to receive another punch from the man.

"Is she telling them anything?" Levi asked, leaning forward.

"She's been beaten up pretty good, so I can assume that she's kept her mouth shut for whatever she wants to hide." he said with a hint of disgust in his voice.

"Bastards..." Jean muttered from the wall in which he was leaning against.

"I agree. It's not right what they do to her." the soldier said for everyone's surprise.

Levi jumped off the couch and stomped to the soldier, grabbing his collar. "Spare me for your bullshit. I know how you treat the people in here, don't act like you don't have anything to do with it." he hissed at the man's face.

"N-no, you're wrong. I don't want any of this to happen to the people, this has gone too far." the soldier tried to defend himself. "It's hard to make difference in here, but I personally try my best to make less hard for the people, even if it's just giving them some food or--"

"Shut up!" Levi yanked his collar. "We don't have time for this. We need to find our friend, and you're gonna tell us where she is."

"Why should I tell you? You have done nothing but caused us trouble in here. Taking our weapons, jeopardizing everything you can... what good would it cause helping you, nothing." he said calmly.

Levi turned his head on his left, giving a signal to Annie, who then walked behind the woman in the other chair. "If you don't start talking, we'll --"

"You'll do what? Kill her? If you think that threatening me will get you what you want, you're wrong. You'll just prove that none of you aren't worth helping." the soldier told him with a steady face.

Everyone was quiet, not knowing what to do. They were stuck. Levi squeezed his fists tighter around the fabric, piercing the man with his vicious gaze, frustrated, because he was right. They would never get their way through with violence, not in this case.

Levi released man's collar, took a few steps backwards and turned around to face the window. Eld was leaning on the wall next to him, keeping his eye on the man in the chair.

"What do we do?" Eld asked.

Levi gave him a quick look, before he turned around to look at the others. Everyone seemed to have their hopes down.

"We do what we must." Levi focused back to the soldier, making his decision. "What's your name?"

"Marlowe."

"Tell me, Marlowe," Levi began as she strolled back to the man. "do you really wanna help people?" he crossed his arms.

"I do." Marlowe replied without hesitation.

Levi stared at the man, looking past the fact that he looked like an idiot in that ridiculous haircut, and making a conclusion that he's actually smart. He was different from the other soldiers around here. Levi knew he was taking a big risk, but he knew it was worth the try.

"We have found a person who is immune to the virus." Levi suddenly said, shocking his team completely.

"Levi?!" Eren gasped. "A-are you sure it's wise to tell that?" he asked carefully, most of the others backing up his words in joined murmuring.

"Quiet." Levi snapped, never leaving his attention from Marlowe. "I don't wanna cause any unnecessary harm while we're here. We just need our friend back so that she can help us, and by us, I mean everyone. It's true what I said. There is a person who can resist the virus. I'll tell you what we know, and you can decide if you want to help us, or not... but trust me when I tell you, we will get her back, no matter what you decide." he ended his matter in a cold note.

Marlowe's focus circled around the faces around him, trying to find signs that they were just kidding with the fact that they had found someone who's immune. After a while, after his curiosity had won, his eyes returned to the ebony haired man in front of him.

"I'm listening."