One place on Earth - Levi x Reader - part 15

A/N: This story takes place in a post-apocalyptic world.
This chapter contains bad language and violence/gore.

~~~~~~~~~

"I want to join the expeditions."

"WHAT?!"

Needless to say, Levi didn't like your plans. It was a full two days of arguing, and it wasn't just the two of you. As soon as Levi heard that Erwin had already given his go ahead to your wish, well, everyone wanted to stay on a safe distance of him. It was the most frustrating, annoying and mentally exhausting two days of your life.

Levi did calm down eventually, but only because he didn't really have other choice since you made it clear to him that you weren't going to change your mind. You did specify to him, that you didn't plan to go with them until you were properly recovered and in your full strength first, and that made him feel a little better. At least he had some time to grow into the idea.

Slowly and steady. There was no rush.

During these long days of waiting, you came to realize that the supply seekers weren't just slacking off during the time between the search trips. They trained, a lot. This job wasn't easy, and they needed to make sure that they're prepared for everything. Once your arm had healed, you often found yourself with Eren, Jean, Mikasa, Sasha, Armin and Ymir, doing hand to hand combat exercises, practicing your aim, or just working out.

It was tiring, but you had learned new skills and your confidence was growing every day. It's not that you sucked at killing, or you didn't know the basic survival skills in the first place. Participating these exercises was more about giving you a new perspective on things. Until today, you had only worried about yourself, and now you were being part of a team that looked after each other. You wanted to get better, so you wouldn't let these people down.

--------7 weeks later--------

The air was getting colder. This year had seen its warmest days. You watched the lifeless leaves fly with the wind, while you rested your back against the cold grass and gazed up to the gray sky. It will be winter soon. Everything would get much harder. The food sources would be significantly narrowed, the frost will cause trouble, and it would get a lot harder to move once the roads are covered in snow. You needed clothes, food, medical supplies, fuel, everything. Things weren't looking so good.

Why can't it always be summer, you thought sadly.

Another breeze rushed through your spot, making you shiver. The wind carried a few tiny drops of rain on your cheeks. With a sigh leaving your lips, you pushed your body up to a sitting position. You closed the zipper of your hoodie all the way up, and lifted the hood over your head. You reached your arms over your knees and crossed your fingers, drifting into your thoughts again.

"There you are."

You lazily turned your head towards the sound. Levi was stepping towards you from the distance. The wind was blowing his hair locks in a messy order, but he didn't bother to settle them back on their place. His hands were buried in his pockets, where he could keep them warm. He reached to the same spot, and he looked down at you.

"What are you doing here all by yourself, it's freezing."

"Nothing really. I just felt like having a moment on my own." you said, turning your head back forward.

Levi watched you in silence, knowing that you weren't telling the whole truth. "Are you having second thoughts about tomorrow?"

His question made you quickly turn your head back, and you could see his lip curl up slightly.

"You wish." you chuckled and stood up. "But to be honest, I guess I'm a little nervous about the trip. I've had this little ache in my guts for a while. It's really annoying actually." you said, while you reached the sleeves over your cold hands.

Levi loosed his little smile. "You can stay behind. This isn't a contract job that you have to follow even if you don't want to."

"I'm not gonna chicken away just because I feel a little nervous. Don't start with that again." you said quickly. "I've made my decision, and I'm not gonna change my mind. I thought we've already had this conversation like a hundred times."

"Calm your tits. I just wanted to remind you, that no one will blame you if you ever feel like you can't do it." Levi crossed his arms, while you were having a staring contest.

You gave up, turning your head away with a tired sigh. "Why are you here anyway?"

"Looking for you, idiot. We need to go through the plan, and shit like that usually requires the team members presence. Come on." he said simply, before he turned around to leave.

You remained still for a while, like you needed a moment to process his words. You rushed after him, feeling butterflies in your stomach. It's really happening.