One place on Earth - Levi x Reader - part 17

A/N: This story takes place in a post-apocalyptic world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rain poured with all its might. Armed people scattered around the gate in a hurry. The headlights faced towards the building from the other side of the gate. Erwin counted three pairs of them. He slowed down his hurry. The people above the gate were standing still, not making a sound. Erwin stepped up the stairs to the upper level, taking his gun out of the holster, clicking the safety off. He made his way at the front, in the space between Levi and Mike.

Three heavily armored trucks had stopped on the wide turning space in front of the gate. Except the sound of the rain, it was silent. More people ran out of the hospital as the word of this sudden situation had reached around the building. Armin, Eren and Mikasa rushed on the standing level, joining the others on the row.

"How many people do you think they have hidden in those things?" Levi spoke in low tone behind his weapon.

"Let's hope they're not too crowded." Erwin said, before he glanced behind his shoulder, seeing all the men scattered around the space near the gate, holding their weapons ready.

He looked back forward, just to see how one of the car doors opened. Everyone on the row focused their aim towards the movement. An older looking bald man with a thick set of mustache stepped out of the vehicle, wearing a dark green rain coat over his uniform.

He looked up to the people above the gate, and waved his arm. "I would appreciate, if you could hold on a minute before you start doing something that you might regret." he said rather loudly so that his voice could carry over the rain.

"Why are you here?" Erwin asked sharply.

The man crossed his arms behind his back. "We'll get to that soon enough. I suppose you're Erwin? Could I have a word with you?" the man asked with a friendly smile on his face.

More soldiers started getting out of the vehicles, holding their weapons towards the ground, but still being alert.

"It's a trap. I know it." Levi muttered quietly to no one particular.

"What exactly is it, that you want to talk about?" Erwin asked loudly, thinking the same as Levi.

"Would you mind getting down here? I can't hear anything in this damn weather." the man said in a casual tone.

"Why the hell would any of us want to get closer to that weapon arsenal of yours?" Levi yelled in doubt.

"Ah, don't get me wrong." the man lowered his head with a smile. "I assure you, that we're not intending to harm anyone." he looked behind his shoulder and gave one of the soldiers a signal nod.

The soldier walked to the back of the vehicle. He came back after a few moments, three people following him. Eren and Mikasa gasped, while Levi twitched a little. Reiner and Annie walked to the front of the car with the tall soldier, which Levi remembered being called Bertholdt. Another person followed them from the back of the car, and Levi recognized him too. Marlowe.

"The one with the haircut is the one who helped us get Hanji out of the city." Levi informed Erwin, giving him a quick glance.

Erwin nodded, keeping his head forward with a frown on his forehead.

"Reiner! Annie! Are you alright?" Eren yelled from his spot.

"We're fine." Reiner said, while Marlowe made his way next to him.

"Is this some kind of trick? Why are they here? Are they hostages?" Levi shouted in the air.

"Levi, relax." Reiner said. "They're not here to cause trouble, trust me."

The older looking man glanced the people beside him, before gazing up back to Erwin. "Now. Would you like to come and hear what I have to say? No one's gonna get hurt, you have my word."