One place on Earth - Levi x Reader - part 11

A/N: This story takes place in a post-apocalyptic world.
This chapter contains bad language and violence/gore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"FIRE!"

You released the arrow and watched it take an impact at the dead man's skull behind Sasha. Sasha yelled in surprise as the man dropped down next to her feet.

You took another arrow and placed it against the string, ears hurting from enduring all the noise coming from the gunfire around you. You reached your arm, arching another arrow ready. Sasha and Mike were getting closer, but so were the dead people.

Your muscles shook from the strength you had to use for your weapon. Another dead person was rushing closer from Mike's side, and you quickly turned the aim on there. The second arrow flew in the air, hitting her throat, not killing her, but the impact made her fall on the ground.

"Get ready to close the gate!" Erwin yelled in between his shots.

Armin rushed to help with the heavy doors. Erwin fired the last bullets from his weapon and he turned around to reach his arms to the metal frame of the gate, getting ready to close it. Sasha and Mike were almost here. You took yet another arrow and prepared for another kill. You quickly arched the string, but the fast movement was too much for your body. Something in your right shoulder twisted awkwardly, suddenly shooting a ripping pain throughout your whole torso.

The sudden torment made you lose your focus and the arrow slipped past your fingers. The arrow flew unintentionally towards the two retreating people, and it just barely missed Sasha's head. You staggered backwards and dropped the bow so that you could hold your hurting shoulder.

"(Name), get away from the gate!" Erwin yelled over his shoulder, noticing that you had injured yourself.

You took a few steps back, suddenly noticing that more people had gathered in the yard, running around in panic. You looked back to the gate, seeing that Mike was being attacked. He let go of the deer and quickly turned around to give a hard punch to the man's head in lack of other weapons by his hands. The man dropped on the ground and Mike finished the job with a fierce kick on his head, cracking his skull.

Another growler was approaching Sasha. The men at the gate hesitated to shoot. It was too close, and they feared they'd hit Sasha. Erwin couldn't stay still anymore. He left his place and rushed to their help. Sasha felt someone grabbing her shoulder and she turned around to face the dead person. She was unable to move, she just stared at the wide opened mouth in front of her in terror.

And just then, Erwin took a hold on her hoodie and yanked her away from the jaws that snapped close to bite the air instead of her face. Erwin reached his free hand on the man's throat and tried to separate Sasha from his tight grip. Sasha snapped out of her froze. She opened the zipper and started squirming out of her hoodie which the dead man was holding on to. She yanked her arms free from the sleeves and quickly crawled away, leaving Erwin to deal with the dead person.

Erwin took his opportunity as the dead man had his hands still holding on to the fabric. Erwin reached his right arm around the man's neck and he pulled him towards the ground, making his neck twist backwards with a nasty crack. A growling woman was running towards Erwin, but one of the men by the gate shot her before she reached her way to him. Sasha was back with her intentions to get the food source inside the gate.

Not wasting another second, Erwin crouched next to her. "Get inside!" he said, taking a firm grip from the deer's back legs.

"It's almost there, I can--"

"NOW!" Erwin yelled at her face, making her eyes shoot wide open.

Like a robot, she let go of the fur and ran, while Mike appeared on the other side of the deer. The two men moved the large animal a lot faster, nearly throwing the deer inside the gate. The gate was immediately closed after they got inside. Loud thuds and scratching noises sounded from the other side of the thick doors.

"It's not over yet!" Erwin said to the people near him, telling them instructions to secure the area.

You stood on your spot, looking at all the people running around the yard, feeling like you should do something, but you didn't know what. You held your shoulder again, muttering curses between your teeth.

"Are you alright?" you heard Erwin asking.

You stared at him for a while, then you tried to circle your shoulder. It still hurt like hell, but you wanted to show that you can move it somehow. "Yeah, I just sprained it a little. I'm fine." you lied with your best poker face, not wanting to be pulled away from helping the others.

Erwin nodded, trusting your words. He looked around the gate area, seeing all the people rushing back and forth, building stands against the reinforced lower parts of the fence so that they can reach themselves to the upper part, where they could see through and use their weapons. The standing level above the gate was full of people, all of them killing the infected with everything they got.

Erwin turned around to you again. "(Name), take Armin with you and go to the weapon supplies and try find something that could make a bigger damage to all of them at once. We're gonna lose all our ammo if we keep up like this."

"Sure, OK... Armin!" you turned towards the blonde, who was staring at the gate not so far from you.

He turned his head towards you as you called his name.

"Come with me." you said and started running to the building.