One place on Earth - Levi x Reader - FINAL

A/N: This story takes place in a post-apocalyptic world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cold breeze filled the back space of the truck once the driver opened the heavy doors. Your long ride had finally ended. Everyone stretched their tired joints, except you. You were tightly trapped inside your blanket and secure straps. Levi and Hanji jumped off first, stepping on the ground of your destination.

The building was big. Six floors high, walls covered with rows of windows and the roof space filled with sun panels. The area was surrounded by a tall wall, with soldiers patrolling near the edges in their never ending duty. Levi and Hanji stared at the building ahead of them in awe, while Marlowe and Moblit lifted you from the vehicle, out in the cold and darkening evening. Pixis appeared from the front of the vehicle, arching his old back. He joined Levi and Hanji, watching them admire the building.

"Wow." Hanji let out a dreamy sigh. "This place looks like it hasn't had any affect over these troubled times." she referred to the intact windows and overall clean appearance.

"There sure has been a lot of work to keep it so." Pixis said, looking at the soldiers around the yard who are to thank for keeping this place safe, eventually turning his eyes on you.

Your eyes wandered around the building. You were speechless about the way it looked. There were lights coming out from the windows and it just looked so... normal. This would have been something what you didn't bat an eye in the past, but now it was like looking at one of the seven wonders of the world.

Pixis looked at Marlowe and Moblit, nodding his head towards the building, and they started carrying you to the entrance, everyone else following.

The next few hours were a complete fuss. Your current condition was taken more than seriously, and you were being moved into various rooms to had all these needed tests and examinations done. Thank God Hanji was there, so you didn't have to deal with the complicated questions all by yourself. Hanji was the one who talked, while you and Levi were listening and trying to keep on track what they were talking about.

You met all of these different people whose names you didn't remember soon after the introductions, but there was this one person though, who had stayed in your company ever since your arrival. Her name was Rico Brzenska, one of the leading researchers of the building. She was kind, but serious, and you felt like you can trust her.

Using the proper equipment wasn't a problem in here since they had all the power they needed coming from the sun panels. It turned out that your condition was worse than you and everyone else had thought. The inner bleeding had caused you an infection, and they seemed to be especially worried about your stomach, but no one really said anything detailed information to you. They didn't seem to have time for that.

Hanji and Levi talked a lot with these people, but most of the time they did it behind closed doors. You reasoned that they didn't want to worry you, and to be honest, you were too tired to care. You felt feverish and nauseous. Your body was simply one big aching mess. You just wanted to wake up from this nightmare, where you didn't have to be poked with needles and touched by all of these people who were complete strangers. Eventually you were informed about one thing, the fact that you needed a surgery, and you were once again being moved to a different location.

You saw the large swing doors at the end of the hallway where you were heading at, and your heart was racing in your chest. You knew that these people were about to cut you open, and the idea made you nervous.

"Wait! Just wait for a while." you told the people who were moving you, and they reluctantly stopped. You focused your eyes on Levi and Hanji. "Sorry about all the trouble." you started with a little shaking voice.