Eighteen

Roxanne sleeps in for once, waking up only when Sam enters the bedroom to retrieve his phone.

"Morning."

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty."

She sits up, running a hand through her hair.

"I didn't mean to wake you last night."

Sam shrugs, grabbing his phone from the night stand. "I don't really remember it."

He leaves the room, rolling his eyes when he reaches the kitchen.

"I don't really remember it," he scoffs, shaking his head. He's an idiot, and he has no idea why he's suddenly acting weird with Roxanne. There's just no reason for it.

Roxanne gets up, closing the door to change. When she's dressed in jeans and a grey tank top, she hurries through the rest of her morning routine. She meets Sam in the kitchen, and he sits at the bar, listening to the police scanner.

She frowns as she realizes the cops are calling in another dead body.

"That's not good."

"No, it's not. We should check it out."

Roxanne nods. "Where's Dean?"

Sam rolls his eyes, obviously irritated. "In the shower... Still."

She shrugs. "You should go get him."

"Why me? He won't fight you."

She holds up her hands, eyebrows raised. "I don't know what I'd be walking into. Not it."

"Fine," Sam sighs.

Roxanne turns to grab her jacket from the dining room table, and Sam notices a bit of a red patch on the pale skin of her shoulder.

"What's that?"

She pauses, turning to look at him curiously.

"What's what?"

"On your shoulder."

She reaches over her shoulder for a moment, puzzled. Sam gets to his feet, walking over to her. He gently rests his fingers on the spot.

"Here. This red patch."

"Oh, my birthmark. Yeah, it's big and kinda star-shaped."

She turns to face him, shrugging on her jacket. He smiles fondly, his eyes warm.

"I guess I'm gonna go get Dean. Wish me luck."

"Good luck," she calls in a sing-song voice as he hurries up the stairs.

Sam braces himself as he walks up the stairs. When he reaches the bathroom door, he knocks loudly.

"You ever coming out of there?" He calls.

"What?"

"Dean, a police call came in on the scanner."

"Hold on!"

Sam huffs, already frustrated with his brother even though the day has barely begun.

"Someone was found dead three blocks from here. Come on!"

Sam watches the bathroom door open, and Dean leans into view, a towel wrapped around his head. Steam flows through the partially open door, and Dean grins.

"This shower is awesome."

"Come on," Sam rolls his eyes, stomping back down the hallway.

After Dean finally finishes up in the bathroom, he drives the hunters over to the crime scene. Two men in work jumpsuits with 'Coroner' emblazoned across the shoulders wheel a body bag out to the street.