Thirty-Four

Sam sits up, his eyes scanning the room as he realizes where he is. The nightmare he just had couldn't have been a nightmare. It was far too vivid.  He looks over to the other bed, finding Roxanne and Dean asleep. Just as he runs a hand through his hair, Roxanne suddenly opens her eyes.

"Sam?" She calls sleepily.

"We gotta go."

She gets up, no questions asked, then reaches over to Dean. Sam turns the lights on, and Roxanne shakes Dean's arm.

"Dean."

Roxanne watches as Sam begins gathering his bags, and Dean finally opens his eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"Get up," Roxanne frowns, moving to round up her own things.

"Man, it's the middle of the night," Dean groans.

"We have to go."

Dean turns to look at his brother. "What's happening?"

"We have to go. Right now."

Sam grabs his bags and leaves the room. Dean turns to look at Roxanne, shoving the blanket off of him.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know. I just woke up, and he was freaked out."

"Well, did he say anything-"

"No, Dean," she huffs, turning to glare at him. "I have no idea what's going on, and no matter how many times you ask me, I still won't."

"It's too early for your attitude."

"It's too early for anything. Now get moving."

- - - -

They're too late. Despite Sam's call to check out the license plate and Dean's speeding, they're too late. Sam watches in horror as they pass the address. Emergency vehicles are spread everywhere, red and blue lights glowing through the neighborhood.

Dean finds a woman in the very back of the crowd, and Roxanne and Sam are right behind him. Dean turns to look at the woman.

"What happened?"

"Suicide. Can't believe it."

"Did you know them?" Sam asks, standing on her other side.

"Saw him every Sunday at St. Augustine's. He always seems... seemed so normal... I guess you never know what's going on behind closed doors."

"Guess not," Dean frowns.

"How did... Ah, how are they saying it happened?"

"I heard they found him in the garage, locked inside his car with the engine running."

Sam frowns.. "Do you know about what time they found him?"

"Oh, it just happened about an hour or two ago... His poor family. I can't even imagine what they're going through."

A blonde woman stands on the front step of the house, crying and leaning against a man with dark, greying hair. A young man stands behind them, looking distressed. Sam grimaces, then turns away.

Dean turns to follow his brother, but Roxanne catches his arm.

"I got it."

"You sure?"

She nods, then turns to follow Sam. She comes to a stop just before the Impala, offering Sam a smile.

"This isn't on you, Sam."