remedies

Aishlynn looked, in a word, miserable. Asa felt for her. He approached where she was laying on the couch, a steaming mug in his hands.

"Here," he said, voice low. Aishlynn looked up at him. Her eyes were bleary, but lucid. "Drink this. At least a few sips."

She sat up, slowly, and carefully took it from him. "What is it?" she rasped.

"It's a remedy I know. Helps with your throat," he said. It was one his mother used to make, and her mother before her. It wasn't much. Just a special blend of tea leaves mixed with a lot of honey. But it helped a lot.

Aishlynn gave a tiny nod, and sipped it slow. Her eyes closed and she let out a soft hum. "S'good."

Asa smiled softly. He could feel the affection pooling in his face. "I'm glad you like it. Drink as much of it as you can, and I'll get you more when its done." He paused. "Well, after you drink a little more water."

"Stay hydrated," Aishlynn said dutifully. "I know."

"And yet if I don't keep after you for it, you don't do it," Asa said, trying to be stern, but he ended up sound fond instead.

"Tired."

Asa snorted. "I know." He carded his fingers through her hair. "Drink some more tea, and then get some rest."

Aishlynn hummed in agreement. "'Kay. ...thanks."

"You're welcome," he murmured.