idiotic

"Could you be like... a little less idiotic?" Aishlynn looked at Talitha with the driest look she'd ever seen outside of the desert. Seriously. It was a wonder it didn't sap all the water from her body.

"Oh, come on, Aish." Talitha rolled her eyes. "Just because you don't appreciate a sense of humor doesn't mean nobody else does."

"I appreciate humor!" Aishlynn looked offended now. "Just not idiocy."

Talitha rolled her eyes. "You have really got to live a little, babe. It's not healthy to be so uptight all the time."

"I am not uptight!" Aishlynn's face was getting red now.

Somewhere behind them, Ava was sighing. Talitha could imagine that Lyr was trying to hold back snickers, while Alinora shook her head.

"Oh, really."

"I'm not!" Aishlynn crossed her arms. "I tell jokes!"

Oh, this ought to be good. Talitha cocked her head. "Really? Lemme hear one!"

Aishlynn floundered for a moment. "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

There was the sound of loud laughter behind her, and then a thump. More laughter. Lyr had lost it, probably fallen out of his chair. It was taking everything Talitha had in her to keep from bursting into giggles herself. This was better than she thought it was going to be.

"Why?" Her voice was a little strained, making Aishlynn narrow her eyes.

"To get to the other side."

She lost it then, collapsing into the floor as tears streamed down her face.

"I hate you so much," Aishlynn grumped.

Talitha was wheezing. She gave a thumbs up. "I... know..."

"Chicken..." Lyr wheezed. "Other... side..."

"Why do I hang out with you." Aishlynn asked no one.