Chapter 11 - Shock

Isabella's POV

I was biting my lower lip nervously while looking at the doctor. She was checking my test results. I was three months pregnant now. My morning sickness got better. I felt fine, but I was still worried about my baby.

The doctor lifted her head up and gave me a warm smile.

"Your test results are fine. The risk passed." She informed.

I breathed deeply in relief as a wide smile appeared on my face.

"But you have to be careful. Follow my instructions. And there is no problem about flying. You can go to Italy when you want." She stated.

"Yes. I will be careful, and I go to check up as soon as I arrive." I said, smiling.

"Don't worry. I will send your health records to your doctor in Italy." She informed. I nodded.

She suggested a good doctor in Italy. She told me he was a good doctor. I checked him as well; she was right. He was the best in his field in Italy.

****

I finished packing my suitcases and breathed deeply. I placed my hand on my belly and rubbed my showing bump.

"Hey, my little one. We are going to see your father." I said, smiling while rubbing my belly.

I hadn't told Alessandro that I was going to Italy today. I wanted to surprise him. I asked my bodyguard that he didn't tell Alessandro about it. Before he refused, telling me that Alessandro ordered me to keep him informed about my every step, but I managed to convince my bodyguard.

I called my parents and told them that I was going back to Italy. My parents were in London. Our new branch office was there. My father went there to deal with a big project. This project was so important for our company. My mother had already planned and asked her best friend Silvia that I stayed at their house. So I was going to their house as soon as I arrived. My mother informed me that Silvia was delighted that I was going to stay in their mansion. I was so happy and excited as well. I could stay with Alessandro till we told our parents about our marriage because we planned to tell our parents that we got married when my parents came back. They were coming back in a month. Fortunately, my baby bump was showing slightly. So I could keep my pregnancy a secret from them. We planned to tell them after announcing our marriage.

I was staring at the clouds, my hand rested on my belly. I couldn't wait to see Alessandro again. I missed him so much. I wanted to kiss, hug him and be in his arms after a long making love session. I couldn't hold myself and smiled happily.

I pursed my lips together as I felt a slight pain in my stomach. I pressed my hand against my stomach slightly as I was breathing deeply.

"Are you fine, Mrs. De Luca?" My bodyguard, Derek asked, concerned.

"Umm...Yeah...I just need to wash my face." I mumbled and stood up, my hand still rested on my stomach. He nodded and stood up as he wanted to accompany me towards the restroom.

"I am fine. Don't worry." I said. He gave me an unconvinced look, but he didn't protest.

I went towards the restroom. Fortunately, the pain passed. I looked at myself in the mirror. My face was pale. I understood why Derek didn't believe me when I told him that I was fine.

After washing my face, I felt better. Then I went back.

As Derek and I got off the plane, Derek asked my well-being again; he was so worried. After the pain, I vomited a few times as well. Fortunately, we arrived in Rome. I felt better now.

I called Alessandro's secretary and asked where he was, she told me he went to the mansion. I had planned to see him in the company, but my plans changed. I knew that in the mansion, we should keep our relationship a secret because I wanted to visit him in the company. So we could spend some time alone. Now we should try to find some opportunity to be alone together.

As the housekeeper let me in, I went towards the living room. Alessandro, his mother, Silvia and a man were here. As they saw me, Silvia got surprised.

"Oh my...Welcome, honey. I missed you so much." Silvia said cheerfully as she approached me while Alessandro was looking at me in shock, his eyes wide. He looked stressed.

"Hi. I missed you too." I gave her a warm smile as she hugged me. I hugged her back.

"You came in time." She commented, giving me a mysterious smile. I looked at her, puzzled. She grabbed my hand and headed me towards Alessandro and the man.

Alessandro was looking down. He looked tense. Suddenly, I noticed different rings in front of the man. Probably, he was their jeweler.

"I need your help, Bella. Alessandro is getting married." Silvia informed happily.

My eyes widened in shock. I looked at Alessandro nervously.

Did he tell his parents about us? But why does she think we are planning to get married? Maybe Alessandro lied to them that we wanted to get married, because he didn't want to make his father stressed especially when his father was in this state. They could be offended if they knew we got married without telling them.

"I..." I mumbled nervously and bit my lower lip, looking at Alessandro. He wasn't still looking at me, but he looked tense. His face was pale. He was rubbing his nape uncomfortably.

Silvia grabbed one of the diamond rings and slid it on my finger. Fortunately, I took off my engagement ring and wedding band before coming here. Alessandro instantly looked at us and tried to protest, but he was late. He breathed deeply, closing his eyes and said something between his gritted teeth.

What is going on?

"Look, it is so beautiful. Do you like it, Bella?" She asked, looking at the ring.

"Yes. It is beautiful." I commented, looking at the shining diamond ring.

"Yes. It will suit Gaia." She commented in excitement. I looked at her, confused.

Who is Gaia?

"You should see Alessandro's fiancee; she is such a beautiful girl. But my Isabella is more beautiful than her." She said, giving me a warm smile. My eyes widened in shock.

What?....Alessandro's...fiancee....

I looked at Alessandro, stunned. He gave an apologetic look as sadness clouded his features. Then he avoided my gaze. His jaw tightened.

I was breathing deeply as I felt bad. My legs started trembling. My vision was blurry. Suddenly, my vision darkened.