Chapter 28 - Disappointment

Alessandro's POV

"Mom!" I warned.

"I..." Isabella mumbled as her eyes welled up.

"What is going on here?" My father asked as he walked in.

"Stay away from Alessandro! He is engaged. Find another father for your bastard!" My mother snarled as her face got red with rage.

"Mom!" I warned her, clenching my fist in frustration.

"I didn't...." Isabella murmured as tears were running down her cheeks.

"Don't intervene, Alessandro!" My mother commanded and turned her gaze from me to Isabella. "You can not mystify my son. What? Your ghost boyfriend dumped you, and you search for another father for your son?!" She shouted, looking at Isabella with a murderous gaze.

"Silvia, it is enough!" My father snapped, annoyed as he approached us and grabbed my mother's arm, pulling her back.

"Let go of me, Federico! She crossed her line. We helped her and took care of her, but look, how she thanked us!" My mother snapped and gave Isabella an insolent look. "I think it will be better if you leave the mansion." My mother added firmly.

Isabella was crying while her body was shaking. Her face was white as a sheet.

As our employees heard our voices, they rushed into the living room.

"Mom! You can not talk to Isabella like this!" I snapped furiously. "She is my...." When I wanted to confess, my father grabbed my arm, gesturing to the employees as he gave me a warning look, shaking his head.

Damn it! I cursed with my inner voice, clenching my fist tightly.

"What are you staring at?! Leave!" My father snapped at the employees. They nodded and left.

When I looked at Isabella, she was staring at me with her teary eyes, waiting for me to confess. I gave her an apologetic look. She shook her head, looking at me, full of disappointment in her eyes and rushed upstairs.

"Isabella!" I called her, desperate and wanted to go after her, but my mother grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Alessandro!" She warned me.

"Mom!" I exclaimed between gritted teeth. I felt frustrated.

"Silvia, calm down! You too, Alessandro." My father demanded firmly.

"Dad..." I stopped when he gave me a warning look and gestured to me to let him handle the situation. I breathed deeply in annoyance and ran my hand through my hair as I placed my hand on my hip.

"Silvia, there is nothing between Isabella and Alessandro. On the other hand, we know Isabella very well. She grew up in front of our eyes. She is a good girl." My father stated.

"I don't want to hear anything, Federico. She will leave. End of discussion. And you..." She traveled her eyes from my father to me. "You will keep your promise and marry Gaia as soon as possible. I will not let anyone else befuddle you." She demanded.

"Mom! How..." I stopped as I saw Isabella holding Matteo in her arms while our housekeeper was carrying her suitcases.

"Isabella, where are you going? We should calm down and discuss this situation." My father said calmly.

"Isabella...." I mumbled, giving her a begging look and shook my head, mounting don't leave. She averted her gaze.

"It will be better if we leave. I don't want to bother you anymore. Thank you for letting me stay here." Isabella mumbled, sobbing and walked towards the door in quick steps without looking at me.

"Isabella!" I shouted.

"No, Alessandro!" My mother demanded as she grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Mom! Let go of me!" I hissed, giving her a death glare.

"Alessandro, I will not repeat! Stay away from her!" She warned me.

"Let go of me!" I snapped in frustration as I pulled my arm away angrily and rushed after Isabella.

When I walked out, Isabella was about to start the car.

"Isabella!" I called her.

She lifted her head up and looked at me, giving me a death glare and started the car.

"Fuck!" I snapped as I watched them leave, placing my hands on my hips. "Damn it!" I cursed, punching the wall and ran my hand through my hair.

"Alessandro." My father called me as he approached me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Dad, she left. She left." I mumbled in desperation. "I cannot live without them. I love them so much." I confessed as my eyes shimmered. I felt helpless. "I...I need to go after her. I..."

"No, Alessandro. Give her some time. Both of you need to calm down. You will talk to her tomorrow." My father said, squeezing my shoulder.

I closed my eyes, cursing under my breath and ran down my hand through my hair.

****

I knocked on the door and waited for Isabella to open the door. Going to her penthouse was the first thing that I did as soon as I woke up this morning. I knew she wouldn't go to the mansion because the maids didn't find out about Matteo. So I went to her penthouse which she rarely used. I couldn't wait anymore. I needed to talk to her as soon as possible.

A few minutes later, the door opened. Isabella looked at me, surprised while holding Matteo in her arms. Her face was pale. Her eyes were red, and she had bags under her eyes. She gritted her teeth and gave me an insolent look.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She hissed.

"Isabella, we need to talk. Please." I gave her a begging look.

Matteo squirmed in her arms, extending his hands towards me, and made noises. I smiled at him sadly and approached them. Isabella took a step back.

"Please." I pleaded, looking at Isabella.

She sighed and let me take Matteo in my arms. As soon as I held him in my arms, he gripped my shirt, giving me his cheeky smile. I smiled and placed a soft kiss on his head, breathing in his scent.

"I missed both of you." I confessed, looking into Isabella's eyes and stroked Matteo's back gently.

She gave me a mocking look, full of sadness in her eyes. I sighed, depressed and kissed my son's cheek.

"Alessandro, it will be better if you leave. Probably your mother waits for you. I don't want any trouble with her anymore. I heard enough yesterday." She said bitterly.